Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: AJo Blind Defense

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop-turn logic is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's true this isn't very constructive. Really tho, you're getting way too fancy with this one. If someone played like this against me, I would call down very light (like, with AJ+, 22+) because it feels like a one of two things:

1. A BS hand most of the time, and it is.
2. A very strong hand some of the time, like top set or something.

I love your PF 3-bet. But in the future, lead the flop and go from there.

EDIT: Also remember that one of the fundamentals of LHE is to get money in the pot when ahead. And your flop-turn lines seem to be inconsistent with this goal.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:33 PM

Nonconstructive posts do really suck.

Enlighten me: Tell me what is wrong with doing a play that is unorthodox once in a while instead of always just being 100% by the book? True it is 9/18 and still considered low limit, but I know that a lot of you mix up your play from time to time because I read all the forums.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nonconstructive posts do really suck.

Enlighten me: Tell me what is wrong with doing a play that is unorthodox once in a while instead of always just being 100% by the book? True it is 9/18 and still considered low limit, but I know that a lot of you mix up your play from time to time because I read all the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

unorthodox and sub-optimal (bordering on ridiculous) are not the same thing.

You 3bet preflop and take all the initiative. Then you check the flop and give it all back.

Ideal turn card comes, time to check raise the monster right ? no check call and you don't protect your hand.

And then donk while possibly behind on the river.

Essentially you get the most money in when behind, and the least money in when ahead. Which completely defeats the purpose of everything we're tying to work together to learn in these forums...
Old 08-02-2007, 11:09 PM

"Essentially you get the most money in when behind, and the least money in when ahead. Which completely defeats the purpose of everything we're tying to work together to learn in these forums..."

That was extremely well-said, diplomatic and contructive. OP, please take note. PJ, you can lock the thread forthwith- even if I haven't seen the results.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM

I guess PJ didn't lock it soon enuf.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 AM

All right, I'll lock it.

Hyperrr -- I discussed it with James. and the SS guys will leave the 9/18 threads in Small Stakes. Hopefully you'll run into fewer snide insults over there.

But I think you'll also learn great advice from excellent poker players, and in a few months' time you'll look back at this hand and agree with the majority that it was misplayed. Good luck.
Closed Thread