Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Extracting the maximum CP 30

I donk the flop. I would for sure 3bet the turn. If they fold KQ/AK/AA then oh well, if he has a set he has to call once more and then will possibly convince himself to call again. He could potentially be free showdown raising QQ/JJ with a club (or not?) and be forced to call the 3bet drawing dead.

As played bet/3bet river because your line looks like KJ or KQ exactly IMO so he should raise again. Hopefully the river is a good card to pull it off. Under no conditions would I try for a river c/r here.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:53 AM

Yeah I would donk the flop unless your image is one of a complete boulder. Check raising the flop really isn't all that bad either since this is the type of board where if they were to call a flop donk from the small blind, they would many times call 2 cold coming back to them as well.

I 3 bet the turn because I sometimes 3 bet turns against good thinking players when I have nothing but a draw so I also have to do it when I have the nuts.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you CR the flop and shut out the other two players?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. OP certainly didn't "extract the maximum" in this hand. If you're not going to donk the flop, then keep the others in and hope to c/r the turn, depending on the card (e.g., you'd likely have to donk the turn if another club came).
Old 08-04-2007, 01:20 PM

"...Check raising the flop really isn't all that bad either since this is the type of board where if they were to call a flop donk from the small blind, they would many times call 2 cold coming back to them as well."

Do what? I saw nothing in OP's post that would lead me to believe that they would call two cold on this type of flop. (And, in fact, they did not.) What hands would you put them on that they would check the flop to the PFR AND call your c/r?

IMO, OP's line here looks like a flopped baby flush, an attempt to clean-up the ace outs or, perhaps, a SD with a decent club in tow. Otherwise, why would OP want lesser hands to fold when he flops the nuts?

Either donk the flop, or c/r the turn (again, depending on the card).
Old 08-04-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always 3-bet this turn, then the villain always folds immediately, then I always drive home and think about posting the hand wondering if I could have gotten more.

I usually decide I played it right by the time I've parked my car, and fail to actually make a post about it. I'm glad you did, though, so I can see if the board confirms what I think.

By the way, I might also bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right Joker, but I think Hopps cr showed weakness rather than strength and I think Soap picked up on this and popped turn with a marginal hand hoping to fold hero out on river ui. If hero donks flop im sure Soap just folds or peels and folds turn. I dont think he could have much that he wouldntve pounded flop w/? Against most players I would just 3ball, but in this spot I would call turn and cr any river.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always 3-bet this turn, then the villain always folds immediately, then I always drive home and think about posting the hand wondering if I could have gotten more.

I usually decide I played it right by the time I've parked my car, and fail to actually make a post about it. I'm glad you did, though, so I can see if the board confirms what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are right Joker, but I think Hopps cr showed weakness rather than strength and I think Soap picked up on this and popped turn with a marginal hand hoping to fold hero out on river ui. If hero donks flop im sure Soap just folds or peels and folds turn. I dont think he could have much that he wouldntve pounded flop w/? Against most players I would just 3ball, but in this spot I would call turn and cr any river.

[/ QUOTE ]
mitch is one smart mf'er
Old 08-04-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
mitch is one smart mf'er

[/ QUOTE ]

You gave it away by telling him to bet the flop. That line saves you money since it screams strength and you can just fold in peace rather than try to outplay him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 12:41 AM

i dont think ive donked a flop in this spot since like 1997, and the reason that i especially cant do it here is because it is against soap, who is not an idiot.

i think donking is a decent play if it is something i do even occasionally...but i just never do... so i dont think it is an option against this player.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think ive donked a flop in this spot since like 1997, and the reason that i especially cant do it here is because it is against soap, who is not an idiot.

i think donking is a decent play if it is something i do even occasionally...but i just never do... so i dont think it is an option against this player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to donk it if there is no face card out there bc those flops get checked through alot these days and the fishies in between are happy to take a freebie with their weak club but wouldve called a bet on the flop. Im not a donker either and I cr alot of flops but this spot is a good reason to start donking more flops for balance.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 AM

checking the flop = poop.