Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Time to complain

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The people who post in the HSMTT forum right now were all in your shoes about two years ago, with a few exceptions. It's good for you to have to think about things critically before being handed the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon Gobbo, this is uneccessarily condescending. I haven't had the sucess you've had, but that's because I don't spend as much time on it and it's not as big of a priority for me. I was posting on this board before you I'm pretty sure, certainly before your rise to prominance.

Of course I think critically about hands before I post them. I probably only post about 2 hands a week because there's so few that I think are interesting/good enough to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at this coming from me, but

you need to lower your ideas of how good you are and of what you "deserve"
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM

HSMTT is the [censored] nuts btw
Old 08-02-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is that none of the upper level posters here commented. I want more opinions, and the point is that some players arent responding to legit threads just because they're not in the HS forum and that's bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I kind of got the point of this post. Sorry if I sound like a dick but I think the forum split has been good. Like a previous poster said PM a few of the people who's responses you value and ask them to comment.

The reason for the forum split was to get more HS players posting by splitting the forums and making it so that they don't have to wade through a bunch of 'beginner' type posts. So, yes, not many of them ever visit MTTs anymore. I'm sure if there is a good post down there they would be more than happy to participate if it's pointed out to them.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Knee- I think I was only condescending to Cornell, but that's because we're always condescending to each other and I barely ever agree with him. I def didn't mean to be like omg stupid micro noobs.

Also, I agree that HSTHS has turned out really well. If you understand what I'm trying to say (which I think you do) it's not really about comparing the two. I'm not even really against the split per se. It's more about neglecting legit threads in the other forum.

edit: I never really thought about PMing people about a thread. I'll keep that in mind for the future. I've only done that a couple of times ever, and only when a post wasn't getting a response for no reason.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 PM

How can you make this thread without giving links to the examples?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM

I'm low stakes and I appreciate the split. I know my questions aren't up to the high stakes standard but there has to be a place where someone who has basic questions can feel comfortable posting. Hopefully we'll all get better and move up over time.

I feel it is worth mentioning that there are some more experienced posters there (Cornell and MJBuddy come to mind though I know there are more) that are so accommodating and helpful that they deserve our thanks.

Dave, it sounds like your post got caught in an unfortunate middle situation. It is deep strategy but low stakes. That is a bit of a problem.

Mods, is there a way that you can cross-post threads that are becoming very popular (46 replies is pretty good) or feature really interesting scenarios even if they are low stakes? Or at the very least signal some more experienced posters to check out the thread?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at this coming from me, but

you need to lower your ideas of how good you are and of what you "deserve"

[/ QUOTE ]

yea lol @ you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

also, some very good posters responded in that thread Dave.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM

I don't spend much time in the strategy parts of the forum anymore. I agree with the majority here. It was a pain in the ass to wade through all the posts that were either answered in the FAQ's or were very basic. And I'm far from an elite player. The split was necessary to generate interest.

Also I believe that many top players, when advising on a micro tornament, would suggest playing the hand as if it was a $100 buyin. This is often not the best of advice. You're better off hearing responses from good players that play the same level rather than great players who play a different one.

EDit- Wow, I just read the strat post. I have to say you're complaining is really annonying now. You got a ton of great responses from qualified posters in your thread. I
Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] HSMTT
Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Of 47 responses (granted some of them were mine) not one "top tier" poster was in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

First off, [censored] you.

I consider myself a good poster and take offense to your statement. I also think that <u>Sherman</u> is by far the best LSMTT poster on the board and there were several other good posters who responded in your thread.

It is important that you realize that you make [censored] threads in MTT, do you really expect the experts on this forum to wet themselves because you reinvented the wheel with another "I have AK preflop" thread? This was LSMTT's 15th AK preflop thread posted last week, in honesty I thought your post was a joke when I first read it and that you were mocking those who don't understand how to make basic decisions with AK. Give me a break Dave, you are not that special and your post is not groundbreaking.

On to your thread as an example of why you suck as a poster, you start off by saying that you have "no reads after 20 hands" but later in the thread you are completely adamant that the villain has TT+ because it is your read. When several people told you that the range was too tight you said 'well that was my read' in an online tournament where you were new to the table... sweet. You knew the result and were being results oriented and you would not listen to the posters who were nicely telling you that you were wrong.

If you were able to put the villain on such a specific range then you should have easily been able to whip out a calculator and figure out his raising range, calling range, your fold equity, your equity when called, and you could have calculated the EV of shoving. THIS IS CALCULATING EQUITY 101. THIS IS NOT AN ADVANCED CONCEPT. If you were so sure of the villains range then the thread should have never been posted because you should have been able to calculate the expected value of shoving and you should have realized that you rarely get paid off when you hit (unless you are way behind) and you could have calculated the expectency that you call pf and check/fold the flop or that the hand is check/folded to you. Make sure to account for the times you are dominated and get stacked. This math is very basic.

You are either not bright or not motivated so you did not do this.

Thankfully, <u>stumpy</u> brought out the calculator and showed you why shoving was maxEV even with the incorrect range that you put the villain on. How much more do you want to be spoon fed information in this thread?

I am amazed at all of the responses that your elementary and standard AK hand generated. You do not deserve the advice of the good posters who you are alienating.

Since I already got the ball rolling here I would like to add that your advice is wrong 80% of the time when you post in HSMTT, oftentimes it is laughably bad and shows that you do not really understand poker.

I have no problem with the fact that you are a bad player but don't slap the good players who are trying to help you in the face by disparaging their advice.

Whatever, I will read your responses in this thread but afterwards I will put you on ignore... there is no reason for me to waste my time making you a better player

-Steve