Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Beat: Live next to 35W bridge collapse

[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if I'm wrong but this bridge was designed to have millions of cars drive over it, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Obv not.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:55 AM

I saw the over-dramatic coverage of this on the news yesterday, why was every anchor emphasizing that 'as far as they know' there is no terrorism involved. Seriously why would that even be brought up?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw the over-dramatic coverage of this on the news yesterday, why was every anchor emphasizing that 'as far as they know' there is no terrorism involved. Seriously why would that even be brought up?

[/ QUOTE ]
BECAUSE TERRORISTS HATE YOUR FREEDOM WHAT THE [censored] WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN SINCE 2001, THERES A NEW THING CALLED GLOBAL TERRORISM DAMN MAN WAKE UP THEY'RE COMING TO GET YOOOOOOU
Old 08-02-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who haven't heard, a big bridge (about 1/2 mile long, 4 lane and bumper to bumper with traffic) in Minneapolis collapsed last night over the Mississippi River, sending 50+ cars into the water 70 feet below. Big mess. 4 confirmed deaths, 30 still missing. I live a few blocks away.
Beat: this sucks ass

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] is wrong with our infrastructure that the pyramids, random Incan temples, and the Coliseum are in damn good condition after thousands of years but with modern technology bridges collapse after 30 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Survivor bias. Quick, how many of the original 7 wonders of the world are still standing?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who haven't heard, a big bridge (about 1/2 mile long, 4 lane and bumper to bumper with traffic) in Minneapolis collapsed last night over the Mississippi River, sending 50+ cars into the water 70 feet below. Big mess. 4 confirmed deaths, 30 still missing. I live a few blocks away.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] is wrong with our infrastructure that the pyramids, random Incan temples, and the Coliseum are in damn good condition after thousands of years but with modern technology bridges collapse after 30 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Survivor bias. Quick, how many of the original 7 wonders of the world are still standing?

[/ QUOTE ]

1?

ALL THE OTHER CIVILIZATIONS BESIDES EGYPT SUCK
Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1?

ALL THE OTHER CIVILIZATIONS BESIDES EGYPT SUCK

[/ QUOTE ]

In fairness, the eurasians didn't know about the south americans, so none of their stuff made the first cut. (And the Mossoleum was torn down for building material for a castle). But yeah, just the great pyramid at Giza, which was built 2000 years before the other wonders.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:46 PM

brag: my dad biked underneath it 10-20 minutes before it collapsed

scary [censored]
Old 08-02-2007, 12:46 PM

i get my news from bbv jesus christ.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 were destroyed by earthquakes, 2 burned down, and 1 was disassembled.... so just 1. But it's not like they got destroyed by what they were built to do. It's not like the Hanging Gardens got overpopulated by plant growth and ripped itself to shreds...