Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: 2/4 hand vs hoss

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should 3 bet the turn given what I've seen posted here about Hoss and how he can have lots of draws here and also how he can call the river super light. You miss a bet by just calling and check/calling. On a less draw heavy board calling this and checkraising the river seems reasonable too.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

When you 3-bet, he 4-bets AK/KK/JJ always and some weird draw enough such that you can't fold. If he has a flush draw, he'll call and fold river unimproved, and pop the river if he gets there. If he has some worse hand that he wants to showdown like QQ or AJ he'll call twice. If he has complete crap he might fold right away, I don't know what that would be though.

If you don't 3-bet, he bets virtually every hand on the river.

Basically, 3-betting wins you one extra bet versus QQ/AJ type hands, loses two extra bets versus AK/JJ type hands, and wins the same versus draws that don't get there, but loses one or two more versus draws that get there.

I think not 3-betting the turn is pretty clear. A river c/r may have merit, especially if it can induce a bluff 3-bet, but it's not part of my game just cause I don't like getting owned.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But this is 2/4, which is all about tricky play and deception.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think not 3-betting the turn is pretty clear. A river c/r may have merit, especially if it can induce a bluff 3-bet, but it's not part of my game just cause I don't like getting owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah OPs hand accidentally looks like a draw (spades most likely with QT/diamonds next likely IMO) if he 3bets the turn here, so I actually think there is a realistic chance that he will be auto4bet here and then bet into on almost any river. I think OP may have accidentally wound up in a spot where he can get the villain to spew off a lot extra here because our hand looks like whatever random semibluff that decided to spazz out. I think you can call and c/r river to get him to think "that makes no sense, I rebluff" as well but I don't really think that it is any better or worse than a turn 3bet.

Just raising the flop and playing normal here was probably the best play though, like everyone else has said before me.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should 3 bet the turn given what I've seen posted here about Hoss and how he can have lots of draws here and also how he can call the river super light. You miss a bet by just calling and check/calling. On a less draw heavy board calling this and checkraising the river seems reasonable too.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was thinking, but scary tiger has some good points too.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But this is 2/4, which is all about tricky play and deception.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to laugh alot. Maybe I didn't formulate it that well, but you know what I mean by tricky play etc. I have only played like 1500 hands on 2/4 and from what I've seen it plays so much more different then 1/2.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:09 PM

ur hand is sooooo well decepted because you had to coldcall preflop so just jam the flop here for protection! No need to be tricky here otterkopf.

-XeroX
Old 08-02-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ur hand is sooooo well decepted because you had to coldcall preflop so just jam the flop here for protection! No need to be tricky here otterkopf.

-XeroX

[/ QUOTE ]

silly xerox [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]