Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: I made a vid

Brilliant, DL'ing... have to watch in 10 hrs after work.

Have tried doing vids myself but I find even though it makes me play solid and logical its harder to play while chatting through all decisions.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:43 AM

Enjoyed the video Nielsio,most hands you played pretty solid.One observation,you got more rockets in 30 minutes that session than i get in a week usually lol.Too bad you couldnt get more action on some of them,but like you said,thats par for the course i guess.You doubled through early though with them,thats always nice was to start a session.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:15 AM

downloading...thanks!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Watching this now.

Folding 99 vs that loose donkish guy seems very tight.

You minraise in pos with the AA overpair, is that standard for you? It actually makes sense in this pot though.

56s where you flop bottom pair and a FD in a limped pot - I would raise this pretty much always when that guy donks into you, I dont really like how you played this hand at all.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching this now.

Folding 99 vs that loose donkish guy seems very tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just very tough to play postflop oop with these stacks. I prefer folding pre than having to c/f on an ugly flop.

[ QUOTE ]
You minraise in pos with the AA overpair, is that standard for you? It actually makes sense in this pot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just railing him in. It's a minraise or a push. Push gives him a chance to get away.

[ QUOTE ]
56s where you flop bottom pair and a FD in a limped pot - I would raise this pretty much always when that guy donks into you, I dont really like how you played this hand at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

y, raise is better.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 PM

because people donk all kinds of trash so raising there will take it down most of the time, it also cleans up your flush outs if someone has a bigger draw + builds a pot etc
Old 08-01-2007, 02:51 PM

Nice vid, very solid play. I would find it very hard to fold that QQ from the SB but your logic seems justified. I also find it hard to fold AK there preflop but it likely is the best play. (I just find it hard to fold these days myself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

The 65s hand your warey of how high you flush will be but this guy has potted flop and turn into two ppl on the flop and turn, I think his range is mainly a set or JQ twopair way moreso than higher flush cards.

Your AA hand on bottom right where villain 3B you pre, QTx flop, he leads and you rr to 88~. This is a very small raise, do you always raise so small in 3b pots? Could be OK if its what you do with all/most you range but I like to raise somewhat more, maybe 100 - 120 somewhere.

Initially I thought I prefer a flat call here in this situation as we dont need to protect our hand vs his range imo. Im not scared of another Q turning. Howerve thinking about it any K, Q or J is gonna be a bad card, likely slowing down you action if you're ahead or stacking you if it improves them to a set.

What is the consensous on the best play here, in a 3b pot, just raise flop hopeing to be put on a bluff/semi-bluff or playing it slow to induce ppl to pay off lighter?

I like the HUD, havent read thru the threa
Old 08-01-2007, 02:52 PM

Thanks for this, downloading it now.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:15 PM

&lt;pause&gt;

The KQ hand roughly halfway through where your queens face a 3bet, I like betting the river there when the ace comes. You were probably too distracted though by the queens on table 4 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

&lt;play&gt;
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM

Villain is 32/0/1.3/19

utg limps 5-h, Hero (co) raises pot with KQo, utg calls

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20)
check, bet 15, call

5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($47)
check, check

A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($47)
check, Hero ..?

Hands that beat us:
- 5x, unlikely because he would lead river
- 9x, possible -&gt; folds often against $30 bet
- Jx, possible -&gt; folds sometime but mostly calls $30 bet
- pp (TT,88,66,77,44,33,22) -&gt; folds most of them often
- A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] -&gt; never folds, possible holding
- KsQs; splits. folds a lot

Yeah, I think there is merit to a bet. Especially because of the limp-call preflop it's weighted towards low pp's and weak 9 or weak J's.

How often does he need to fold for the bet to be profitable?