Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: NL200 AQ vs donk

what if the river was Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:25 PM

How do you go about determining who was watching the hand? Or are we pretty much just calling down a little bit lighter when scare cards come against everybody who was at that table for a little bit? I'm not saying it's unrealistic to think people might try to bluff scare cards w/cheap bets on the turn/river, but the situation where our hero folded on the river is a little different than non all-in 1/2ish pot sized bets on the turn/river when scare cards come in smaller pots.

I guess I'm just saying I don't think I would make this adjustment if I witnessed the hand, because I think the fold our hero made is different enough from a situation where I might double or triple barrel a scare card with smaller bets in smaller pots. Our hero also might just not fold to these bluffs in future hands because a lot of people get tired of folding to scare card after scare card especially after just folding a big pot. But maybe me not making the adjustment you're suggesting is a leak of mine.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:30 PM

honestly i think having to adjust after folding to this bet isn't a big deal at all.

also i think the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a super intersting river card. i'd probably pay that off because i think that his hand range is weighted more towards JT than a flush after he calls such a big bet on the turn.

he's losing money with his range if we pay him off on the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but not the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM

The villian had AKs of clubs, is there any possible/better ways of playing my hand against villian