Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report Day 1. Warning: Low poker content.

Awesome. I can't remember who it was that posted a TR that couldn't even get laid by his gf in Vegas and it was just depressing. This is much better. I didn't know tipping the bathroom attendants that much was so much +++++EV.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 AM

I forgot one point to day #2. When we went to the MGM for Rodney valet would not park us. I said we where there for the show and they said hotel guests only. We are full. I was feeling lazy and I pulled out a $20 and he still said no. Anyone ever hear of that before? What a ripoff. Luckily I found a great spot nezt to the stairs that lead through the shops and into the lobby area.

2nd side note. The Mirage has a north valet. Nobody uses it except at night when they are going to Jet. Under 30 seconds every time. Don't tell anyone about this though. I want to keep it a hidden treasure. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 12:52 AM

Standard for hotel valet to fill up early on weekends. Some (like PH) won't take non-hotel guests at any time, unless you grease them.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No big deal until the 3rd round and he is back on the beer and he hits the white Russian on my turn again. Time for a bathroom break, as I need to contemplate this situation. WTF is going on out there? Is he really ordering cheap(well $6 cheap) when he buys and expensive stuff when I am paying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly seems that way. Your play was pretty good, though possibly not punishing enough. I would have waited for his round and said "great idea, man. let's get a round of white russians this time."

Oh, and I personally favor the idea that your wife wanted to sex0r the girl at Hooters with you for some wild 3some. But that's just me.

Nice trip report. Day 3 gogogo.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 AM

Day 3:

Early up again… about 9 AM and it is our anniversary. 6 great years and it has been a great trip and nice for just the two of us to get away. I get a nice morning treat and my beautiful bride heads down for coffee. I suggested room service, but she wanted to head down. She takes an awful long time and comes back $250 richer. This time she found the generic wheel of death(called wheel of gold I think) and hit a couple of good ones. Obviously it is +ev for me to stay in the room.

Morning game plan: First, we hit the Secret Garden at the Mirage and see the dolphins and tigers and stuff. Second, we hit Madame Tussauds at the Venetian. It is a wax museum and I was pleasantly surprised. It was cool. Next we head over to the Rio and grab some lunch and then to the Palms to try and get a dinner reservation. Yeah I know it is late, but we tried anyways. No luck. We may as well hit the Gold Coast while we are here and play some cheap blackjack. They have $5 tables there. SO my wife keeps grinding and I am quickly bored and raise it up to $10-$15 and and down $100. So then I use start pushing my bet when I win starting with $10-$20-$40-$80 and decide $80 is where I will pull back to $10 and start over. I go on a couple of good rushes and end up $250 and my wife is -$50. I am a truly great blackjack player.

We head back to the Mirage and I really need to find a good place for dinner or I am a dead man. I end up getting us in at Kokomo’s. This turned out great. It is surrounded by waterfalls and lots of natural light coming in. We started with clam chowder and Caesar salad and just split the 2. The chowder was great and the salad was above average. My wife decides on prime rib and I go for the surf and turf. 9 oz. filet and a 16 oz lobster tail. The prime rib must have been 30 oz. It was HUGE. I cut my steak with a fork and my lobster was really good. Service was outstanding. I would go back in a second. Although this isn’t the best place we have been… it was a great meal. I would give it a B+ just because there is better.

I’ll finish up day 3 later today.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Good report...keep it coming.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 PM

Ok…time to finish up. I’d like to add we had Crème Brulee for dessert. It was 3 different kinds. Berry, vanilla and chocolate. It was tasty. So after dinner we head over to the Palms for the Fergie concert in their fairly new Pearl venue. The place is a madhouse. We go across Wynn Ave.(I think) and it takes us directly into the Palms. Cars are everywhere and valet is backed way up and can’t take cars at the moment because there is no room in front until they can move them. They have a security guy directing traffic to self park and just as I am pulling in a cabbie goes into the wrong place and this pisses off security so he is yelling and walking over to the cabbie. Score one for me as I see an opening and quickly pull in and jump out of the car and grab a kid to take my car. Security sees and says there was no room, but I am long gone and ignoring him by then. I give valet $5 and they are happy. We head in and have a couple of drinks to get our groove going and then head in for the show. Rooney is the opening act and they are pretty good. The Pearl only about half full at this point. We are feeling good and into about 7 drinks including a big dinner. Rooney ends so we head into a bar run and bathroom break. I am standing in line and listening to a 60 year old guy talk about how hot the 15 year old girls are and he can’t wait until the are legal. I am a little disturbed by this. He is wearing those plastic pants that are supposed to look like leather and it is quite funny. So as he turns around and he looks at me and asks if I like all the girls. I just laughed and said “Nice pants you old perv” and got a nice chuckle from the guys around. I finish up and am walking out and there is a guy standing in the right line blocking my path. I get to him and say “excuse me” but he does nothing. He is kinda turned to the side looking away like he can’t see me or something. WTF is this. So I just rubberneck around to where he can see me and yell “HEY!!!” He looks at me and I just say “Move” and he does. I wasn’t starting anything, but had no need for this douchbag’s nonsense. We hit the bar and 3 more drinks for each of us to get us through the show and keep us going. I am drinking double vodka Red Bulls and my wife is drink double vodka cran. They use a gun for the booze so 1 shot isn’t enough, but 2 is more than plenty. Lots of vodka. I get one down and my lush is into her third when the show starts.

Now keep in mind we are old. Ok not that old as I am 30, but we don’t party much anymore so this is a lot for us. I am feeling really good and she is even better. On comes Ms. Fergie herself. I don’t care what anyone else says, but she is on hot little number. She is putting on a heck of a good show and we are dancing and singing and having a great time. Plus the girl next to my wife was dancing with her so that was hot. We had a great time and lots of celebs at the concert. Paris and Nicki Hilton, Mario Lopez, Macy Grey and a bunch of others are there. We donk it off at the bl table and decide it’s time to go home since we have a 6am flight. Who books a flight that early. I suck.

So we head back to the Mirage and hit the old coveted North valet. Well apparently Jet is a happening night club because it is packed. As we are getting out of the car and are walking in I hear one of the valet’s say “that’s Bobby Baldwin”. I get a look at him and I guess it was him except I was hoping he still had the fro LOL. We walk past Jet and think about going in but decide against it. Off to bed.

No Vegas trip report should end without having to run to your plane. We were late as hell and security was long. I don’t think we can make it as it is 10 minutes before our flight and we haven’t even got all the way through security yet. I am planning for another night and my wife is freaking because she wants to get home to our 2 year old son. She says we have to run. We hit the shuttle and when we get off it is 4 minutes before scheduled take off. There is no way they will let us on. She takes off and tells me to get going. I am carrying all the stuff and am ready to pass out when I get to the top of the stairs. We are gate D4 so not far to go, but I need oxygen. She is still running full speed ahead and makes that gate and I hear her calling my name to hurry and they ended up letting us on the plane. That was close!! She was happy and we all know that a happy lady keep the house a happy place.

It was a great trip and she is already planning another one. October she says.

I hope you enjoyed my first trip report and until next time….

I may consider the “Best of Trip Report” down the line and hit all the notable events from some of our other trips.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good so far. Wheel of Fortune is just about the worst slot machine you can play, but no one can resist anyway because everyone wants to spin the damn wheel. Looking forward to more.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wheel of Death sucks, but it is kinda fun to spin LOL. PM me the info for the good slots [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I hate the poker metaphors but you are using them fairly well so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I tired not to make it too lame, but as you can see I got lazy(rushed) on my writing after day one.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:39 PM

your day one was the best (written) but still a pretty good read.