Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: When did you realize your (semi) major life decision had gone bad?

I quit teaching at an admittedly lower-performing school (where I was actually pretty happy) and moved to teach at a higher-performing school, thinking that it would be better.

I was very, very wrong.

The good news is I found a job at another school and they seem to actually value me as an employee, which is a feeling I never got at the higher-performing school. I'm excited to start over.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I quit teaching at an admittedly lower-performing school (where I was actually pretty happy) and moved to teach at a higher-performing school, thinking that it would be better.

I was very, very wrong.

The good news is I found a job at another school and they seem to actually value me as an employee, which is a feeling I never got at the higher-performing school. I'm excited to start over.

[/ QUOTE ]
whatever happened with that bitch coworker who's husband was busted for something or other?

Also, I need a little refresher on the details obviously.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 AM

Funny you mention/remember that... his trial started earlier this week, and supposedly he was offered a plea bargain for 12y+8mo... no word on if he's taken it or what's happening with that. There's more information about the whole thing at this page if you want more detail.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 AM

i am currently making the biggest transition so far in my life i am starting to have some serious second thoughts.

i am moving from idaho to la in one week. i still have to take a final in order to get my degree in the next few days.

i know absolutely nobody within a day's drive of la. actually the closest friends/family i have would be in Salt Lake City, Utah. (any 2+2ers need a commerce buddy?)

I have rented a place i have never seen, not even pictures on-line or a description of the floor plan.

i got a sales job in the orange county area, i have a real job title but i am pretty sure i am going to be a glorified telemarketer. the job will be 100% commission based, and they have said they will let me go if i am unable to perform. even more scary is that they seemed very very very eager to hire me despite me not being experienced and quite frankly not coming across that well on paper. that compounded with the fact that they are telling my that i *can* make an outrageous amount of money makes me think that this job might be a very bad job.

rent in CA vs ID is double and i am running low on savings since i have spent most of it trying to make this move and i haven't played a significant amount of online poker since the legislation.

oh i recently broke up on fairly unfavorable terms with my girlfriend of ~6 years. so basically my life 3 weeks ago will bear absolutely no resemblance to my life in a week's time.

CLIFF NOTES: Basically i've made the leap of my life with my back up plan being grinding it out at the commerce for rent money and about half a dozen things have to go right for me not to be on my ass in 9 months. Also, i lost a pretty awesome girlfriend and that combined with all the [censored] you have to go through to move is pretty stressful.

/end whiny emofest

EDIT: also i have never lived in a town with more than 16,000 people and i have spent most of my life living an area were 10k+ means big town. so i am a bit anxious about dealing with city-types.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:33 AM

Sophomore year of college I decided to live with one group of friends rather than another. I likely would have a very different life right now if that decision was made the other way (probably for the better)
Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I picked a college on a whim and have never since left Binghamton, NY. Worst decision of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to my school on a complete whim as well. i got accepted to USC, then saw the price tag, thought briefly about joining the ROTC then decided to go to a state school that cost 1800$ a year. i am not leaving off a zero either.

this is the first time i have ever admitted it, but there was a hot chick who was a year younger than me (that i had literally spent about 10 hours of my life with) who was from this college town and thats the reason i went to that college in retrospect.

worst reason to pick a college ever.

nothing ever came the semi-relationship i developed with this girl because i was already in a semi relationship with the girlfriend mentioned in my earlier post in this thread.

How long have you been in that town? why would say it was your worst decision?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 AM

upon impact.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:55 AM

I took a full scholarship at the first place that offered me one instead of exploring my options more, mostly because I hated filling out applications and writing essays. Now I'd much rather be somewhere with a more traditional college atmosphere (big DI athletics, esp football and basketball, lots of drunk sloots) than the crummy commuter school in the hood I currently go to. Who knows if this will affect me long term, but it has definitely affected my 4 college years.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started realizing that dropping out of college after 2 1/2 years was a mistake about a year and a half later when friends started graduating and I felt like a bum. I'm actively trying to change this right now though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the rare people that dropped out of college and think it was the best decision of my life.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 AM

About 2 months into quitting my high-end serving job where I made $50/hr+ at age 19 to manage a gaming store for less than $10/hr.

Boy, that sucked.