Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: More WSOP ME impossible spots. QQ day 2.

BB has you crushed, given description. Really can't think of a hand he would play this way you beat except JJ (sometimes) so I'd pitch it. I hate nits.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 PM

Think I would have minraised EP to clear out the rabble but whatever I did you have to fold to the nit. God I hate nits who pick up hands at the worst times.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:27 PM

there used to me a nit in monthly home game. he would only play AA and KK, and once in a while, air. he was capable of a rare bluff. what would this guy stay on that he hit? 77? 56? no. you're only behind to KK & AA. he didn't catch a piece of that flop. call.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:20 PM

i think the first flop decision is very tough. it has to be close between a call and a raise.

i think its a relatively easy fold to the all in given the description.

i think the blinds were 1k 2k or something at the end of the day two, but i'm not sure. doesn't make a huge difference, but it affects the first flop decision.

nice playing with you at ws.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:38 PM

i like pre, i like initial flop, i like second flop assuming you folded
Old 07-28-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the first flop decision is very tough. it has to be close between a call and a raise.

i think its a relatively easy fold to the all in given the description.

i think the blinds were 1k 2k or something at the end of the day two, but i'm not sure. doesn't make a huge difference, but it affects the first flop decision.

nice playing with you at ws.

[/ QUOTE ]

1-2 sounds reasonable. Doesn't change the play of the hand, and he def bet 21k on the flop. Nice playing with you too, hope to be in Hawaii some day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2007, 12:37 AM

I would guess: set (most often), KK

If you think about it, he is trying to avoid pretty much all spots where someone can give him a 'bad beat'. Even the nittiest of nits knows that there is no problem throwing 3% of his stack in pf hoping to flop a set against 3 players. Now, with KK, yeah everyone knows that you don't want 3 other players, but from his previous actions, he is WAY more likely to be afraid of getting a call and 'racing' against AK. After EP doesn't reraise pf, and you didn't reraise the flop, he most likely throws AA out the window, and wants to shut down draws, which in his mind include hands like QQ.

I just see no reason why someone would fold TPTK HU, and bet into a huge pot with 2 players showing a whole lot of strength without at least KK. If he is really capable of making that play, good for him.

You gotta fold here. I like the rest of the hand, I especially like the call on the flop, for the specific reason of being able to fold to a BB shove, we are already committed against EP, and I doubt the LAG gets cute here.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:05 AM

Results : I stand up, curse in hebrew and throw my cards in disgust face up. He shows KK. I tilt my way back to the hotel room talking to friends on the phone how this is the worst [censored] tournament I've ever played.

Turned out alright in the end tho. Man, that hand sucked.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Results : I stand up, curse in hebrew and throw my cards in disgust face up. He shows KK. I tilt my way back to the hotel room talking to friends on the phone how this is the worst [censored] tournament I've ever played.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a hand like this in 2006 where i played a set poorly and ended up making a big fold on the turn. it was about 20 minutes before dinner, and i was fortunate enough to just go to the hotel room, shower and eat whatever was in the room (which turned out to be pringles and a banana) to cool down.

the annoying part is that you made the absolute best play, probably played each decision correctly and still got put on tilt. the happy part is that you recovered nicely.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 AM

you played fine, i think he has a set most of the time