Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Mental Strength

Well basically il give a little information of myself before i get to the point i have been playing online poker for about 2 years mostly just for fun and also making a little money on the side have consistently won at stt;s and most recent made the transition to cash.

About 6 weeks ago i decided time to get serious about this online and play it as a job my only income before i go back to college in september the first 6 weeks made a satisfactory weekly profit having a few beats along the way.

But this last week all week if i sit down and play solid patient poker and grind out a couple of hours. But no matter what i do i literally cant win a hand i havent had a winning session losing about 9 buyins cuttin back into my profit. Dont worry im not on here to vent about my horrible run every1 gets swings you gotta accept it.

My problem is i can sit down plan to play 4 hours within 5 minutes i get a really bad beat or i keep runnin a flush into a higher flush etc jus hand very tough to laydown i get the feeling in my head when things start this bad that their not going to change for the session and i end up leaving after playing 5 minutes which is just not acceptable if you want to be playing for a living you gotta put in the hours.

So basically this week iv played about 10 hours instead of my usual 30 or 40 becasue i just cant face playing.

Wow i really rambled on here my main question well i suppose is to anyone who has suffered the same thing can reccomend anything to help improve your mental ability or strength to become a better player. Maybe a good book or good website or anything please help.