Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: NL 200 live, AA 3 handed, big flop

I guess I didn't notice the first time that there are two diamonds on board. I guess betting here isn't so bad since someone with 2 diamonds could pay you off. I wouldn't bet that much though, and I still think checking might be better.

In my live experience people really don't think all that deeply. If you don't CBet, alarms don't necassarily go off. I guess one of the guys you thought was decent, but unless he also knew that you were decent, he still might interpret your check as KK being scared of the A.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM

Check.

Stacks are not deep at all, it should be easy to get all-in later.

Hope someone hits the turn just enough to pay you off.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In my live experience people really don't think all that deeply. If you don't CBet, alarms don't necassarily go off. I guess one of the guys you thought was decent, but unless he also knew that you were decent, he still might interpret your check as KK being scared of the A.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, if he can beat KK, he will pay me anyway. and this guy was not the type of guy to think, hmm, I bet he has KK, I'll push him off. he was very abc for the most part. UTG I don't think gave any thought to anything, as evidenced by his limp UTG, cold call 15x reraise.

Also, didn't mention, but if relevant, I cover both, holding about $300 at the time. My image was probably pretty TAG. I had raised JJ, c-bet a rags flop, checked a K turn, value bet river. I called a big c/r on the river from a LAGdonk holding Q2 on a QQ984 board and was berated by the old man next to me that he figured that guy had to have a straight (he had T4). I raised the MP callbox on a 4straight turn and took it down. Other than that, fairly quiet at this table. The button had seen me play aggressively in a SNG they had with ridic blind structures and most of the players were LOLing at my frequent allins (and then folding).

Also, I def think a big flop bet is bad. Even though a 2/3 pot bet is not big in general, these players almost to a man do not bet size vis a vis the pot. So many of them will raise to 10, get 4 callers, bet 10 on flop, 3 callers, 10 on turn, 2 callers, then maybe 15 on river.

I ultimately fired 30. I figure without an ace, 2, or diamond draw, I would be hard pressed to get paid. If one had diamonds, I figure the best way to get the most money would be to start building now. If I wait till the turn, then I can't stack them unless they hit on turn or river. If I bet here, the pot is big enough that they can call the rest on the turn.

I think the only hands other than these I can get action from are pockets that make a boat, but this is very unlikely. Also, they are not necessarily folding pockets here, esp UTG. I was using the NLTAP concept of planning on the hands that can pay you and not worrying about the rest. I also would be much more likely to check if I had simply openraised pre, rather than 3 bet. 3betting was pretty rare at the table, and so the hand was already under scrutiny.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:32 AM

Check until and unless somebody catches up a little. You will get no action if you bet this flop with the possible exception of AK/AQ.

If the flop checks through, check/call the turn too, then value bet the river.

Hope somebody catches trips, a flush, or a lower boat by the river.