Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: 25,000 Hand Stats Review. Advice greatly appreciated.

obv I see NO glaring STATISICALL errors...I think you know that..Stat reviews can only go so far and point of mainly obv PF leak(often only opinion on playing style)..

You are winning so you are WAY ahead of over 90% of the poker playing world be proud...Your leaks are post flop and looking at stats will nor disclose them...I would focus on your self review post session...obv posting hands that gave you trouble..

Somethings to possibily look at:
-How you play TP
--Are you getting MAX value from your TP hands
-Are you checking the turn IP to induce a bluff but then folding to a river bet???
--Are you OVERPLAYING TP and losing extra bets
-Are you playing sets fast enough..Avoid slowplaying it's usually a mistake..
-How are you playing draws??? Too fast,too slow and/or not giving yourself enough FE???
-How is your concentration when playing????
-How many tables???? Usually when unsure and learning cut back number of tables...
Old 07-27-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Under the BB Won/hand, I'm -0.10 from the SB and -0.09 from the BB, your #'s are much worse than that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 AM

You suck in the blinds. Stop overplaying hands from the blinds and your wr will thank you. Stealing more wouldn't hurt either but the blinds is a really big leak there.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:32 AM

ya looking again, I think u can go to SD more and definitely work on ur game in the blinds
Old 07-27-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the comments about the blinds...

I made a thread a while ago asking what I should be winning/losing from these positions and I was under the impression that if I can make a profit excluding the price of posting then I am doing okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you're not winning from the SB (you're breakeven under the Diff w/o Blind column). My BB under the Diff w/o Blind column blows every other position outta the water. I can post a pic if you want to show you what I mean.

Under the BB Won/hand, I'm -0.10 from the SB and -0.09 from the BB, your #'s are much worse than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for correcting me otherwise I would not have picked up on that!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:07 AM

A bit of advice if I may.

If you are having problems with your blind play, remember to look for opportunties to raise when first in the pot. I've found it often prevents steals against you just as much as it allows you to steal. Some people get carried away and feel you should do this almost everytime. Do not fall into that trap and remember to think "opportunity" unless you are against someone obviously exploitable.

However, if this is new to you, only attempt these on people you have feel are very capable of folding and you have a good read on or your postflop play will suffer. Keep changing tables until you find one. It's easy enough to do that online. Basically you are going to learn how to plug the hole those seem to be exploiting against you. Once you know how they exploit you, the better you will able to defend the exploit. (You may take some lumps in the beginning but stick with being aggressive in an opportune way). After awhile you'll have all the tools to play most tables. Even the best players prefer a softer game rather than fighting it out for blinds. Table selection and discipline will be key here.

Your stats seem to dictate you are playing a tight aggressive game until you get to these big pots and then you back down. If you have lost a lot of the big pots and have become fearful of them, that is a good indication you are playing predictably, undervalue your hand, or are obviously fearful of big pots. You might want to figure out what it is and try to correct it.

I will follow up with this. Not every hand you play has to be played for max value. Of course we would all like this but you should keep in mind that you need to protect your chips just as much as get value out of your hand.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 AM

Thanks everyone, very informative. I will be sure to go through the hands in the blinds and figure out what the hell is going on. I also spoke to a few people and will learn to open up my game a little more.

Stay tuned for my next 25,000 hand review soon. If I am happy with the outcome, I will move up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM

You actually have great stats for a coach to start helping you. It is much easier to coach you than someone who is hyper aggro with leaks all over the place. As said before, you are beating the rake, most of the people looking at your stats don't do that.

IMO.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:17 AM

Wow. 15.52 Vol. Put $ in the Pot. Am I the only one that thinks he is playing way too tight?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:20 AM

NO, 90% of the players looking at his stats think that.

GET IT?