Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: reacting to a thief?

Were there other people around? I'm certainly not just letting someone walk off with a 4k$ bike of mine. I'd at least cause a fuss making noise alerting everyone what is happening, hopefully this would be enough for him to just drop the bike and run. I'd also be following him.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 PM

lol. you dont stick around and wait, you hop back on your bike and ride away. who's going to stop you, or even notice what just happened? Ive been stabbed in the calf before, and the guy had no repercussions, because 1. I didnt know him, 2. he just walked off. I dont know if most of you just live in a different enviroment than I do, but its really hard to get in trouble for [censored] like this.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. you dont stick around and wait, you hop back on your bike and ride away. who's going to stop you, or even notice what just happened? Ive been stabbed in the calf before, and the guy had no repercussions, because 1. I didnt know him, 2. he just walked off. I dont know if most of you just live in a different enviroment than I do, but its really hard to get in trouble for [censored] like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most environments, but I don't think this is one of them:

1. There are cameras in some train/subway systems.
2. If OP rides the train regularly, he can count on bumping into the same guy again. And maybe his friends too. As long as he hangs around anywhere near the same area/train, he's pretty much guaranteed reprisals.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stop laughing.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

riiight. such a tough guy. i don't know all the details, but what if this is the train he takes to and from work? all people see is this guy go down with a busted kneecap or stabbed or whatever and then you taking off on this bike. since only he remains, he can spin whatever tale he wants. people aren't good at acting right away, but if he takes those trains regularly, im sure people will recognize him, maybe call the police and tell them "the guy who stabbed someone last week is back on the train."

obviously if the guy tries forcibly taking the bike, you can do something, but here it seems like "dude" was all it took. Since that was sufficient, I think stabbing the guy or busting his kneecap might be a little much.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most environments but I don't think this is one of them:

2. If OP rides the train regularly, he can count on bumping into the same guy again. And maybe his friends too. As long as he hangs around anywhere near the same area/train, he's pretty much guaranteed reprisals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I dont know where OP lives, but around here crap like this happens all the time, basically becuase you dont run into people if you dont want too. even with a camera system, how are they going to catch him as long as he avoids the train, which should be obvious. Listen, I dont want to debate the merits, or the logistics, but I just had to comment on the fact that noah thinks that he will be arrested and sued, where Im from, if you arent a complete moron there is about 2% chance that you will catch any heat for something like this.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

riiight. such a tough guy. i don't know all the details, but what if this is the train he takes to and from work? all people see is this guy go down with a busted kneecap or stabbed or whatever and then you taking off on this bike. since only he remains, he can spin whatever tale he wants. people aren't good at acting right away, but if he takes those trains regularly, im sure people will recognize him, maybe call the police and tell them "the guy who stabbed someone last week is back on the train."

obviously if the guy tries forcibly taking the bike, you can do something, but here it seems like "dude" was all it took. Since that was sufficient, I think stabbing the guy or busting his kneecap might be a little much.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe Im [censored] up in teh head, but just because he said dude and got teh bike back, Im not letting the guy get away scott free. You also forgot to tell us how much you would sue someone for, and how rich you will be for doing so.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In most environments but I don't think this is one of them:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I dont know where OP lives, but around here crap like this happens all the time, basically becuase you dont run into people if you dont want too. even with a camera system, how are they going to catch him as long as he avoids the train, which should be obvious. Listen, I dont want to debate the merits, or the logistics, but I just had to comment on the fact that noah thinks that he will be arrested and sued, where Im from, if you arent a complete moron there is about 2% chance that you will catch any heat for something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

so assume jablue doesn't have a car and takes train to work. now you assert your manhood by busting this guy, and your solution is "don't go near the train."

lol. yeah, change your whole life, live in fear, because you want to show one guy who is boss.

and agreed with blarg's comments that in addition to general public, this street justice you advocate will come back to bite you in the ass.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:35 PM

hasnt yet, probably never will. and ya, maybe I assumed he had a car...hence why I asked what kind of environment you people come from.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hasnt yet, probably never will.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i've missed past threads where you gave concrete examples from your history, but i'd like to hear some true stories of when you actually did what you are advocating.

examples of when a simple action would suffice to end the confrontation, but you decided to bust some heads.

maybe you have plenty, and maybe there has been no repercussions, but maybe you've just been lucky so far.