Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Step by step while sweating my horse

i think pf is a pretty big mistake. you got a dead blind behind you, and you give him better than 2:1 to play with you.

flop, i'm not sure. getting miniraised when you're oop with something like top pair really sucks. i probably call, though. i definately don't raise.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 PM

I raise more pf since we are OOP.
Calling raise is fine.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do u sweat random uNL playahs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, unfortunately I don't have the time. I sweat 2 people and they are both for personal reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
a re-raise gives you more info than calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

whtas more important, value or information?

[ QUOTE ]
I think a flopped set from this villian would just call. A mid pocket pair or JJ is possible to.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a very poor assumption to make (about a flopped set just calling). He will also raise quite a few midpairs preflop IMO as its been folded to him on the button...certainly 99-JJ. Also, I have no idea why you think he will raise them on the flop. I never gave you a read saying he was a moron.

[ QUOTE ]
I raise more pf since we are OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, the pf raise sounld be bigger. The only excuse I can give you is that he is just learning to multi-table, so for now we're just using the bet pot button for all preflop actions.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 PM

OK, I'll show you turn action now, but feel free to keep discussing flop if you like.

Also feel free to say if you think we should have led turn...but here we checked:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $27.30
Hero (BB): $33.90
UTG: $44.45
CO: $24.65
BTN: $39.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.20</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $2.30

Turn: ($8.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.25</font>, Hero.....?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 PM

That tiny bet is *always* either the nuts or a draw. Easy to find out if hero raises to $7 to charge for diamond draws and pocket pairs and folds to a shove.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 PM

thoughts on turn raise? What should we do now?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $27.30
Hero (BB): $33.90
UTG: $44.45
CO: $24.65
BTN: $39.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.20</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $2.30

Turn: ($8.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12.75</font>, Hero.......?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:28 PM

I'm starting to see a real passive-aggressive pattern from villain here. A pattern that started on the flop, possibly preflop.

I think we're probably beat, but given the pot and his betting proclivities, I'm going to call 5.75 and c/c his undersized river bet.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:49 PM

i call the flop raise, I think raising the flop allows him to play perfecly. if you have a read that heas super agro then a 3bet/call shove is fine. but vs an unknown i like to call and see what he does on the turn.

most villains will check behind or bet small with stuff you beat. if he pots the turn im folding.

his turn bets obv stupidly small, i htink he has a weak made hand (small pp etc) or a draw. i raise this for value/protection. i dunno what i htink about leading turn, i pretty much never donk but i shoul dprolly work it into my game sometimes. if he calls our turn donk then river blanks im not sure what to do, our line looks kinda weak if we bet/call flop, donk turn, check river.

tiny bet/min 3bet = monster from most donks. i fold to his 3bet. we're gettin ggreat odds, but i think we're drawing dead/v.thin a lot of the time.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to see a real passive-aggressive pattern from villain here. A pattern that started on the flop, possibly preflop.

I think we're probably beat, but given the pot and his betting proclivities, I'm going to call 5.75 and c/c his undersized river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a problem with expecting a small river bet. A huge group of players at these levels will bet all streets small and then go all-in on the river once they are sure a flush won't beat them.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you're going to see an undersized bet on the river here; a lot of guys will take a cute line to the river and then just bomb it. Given effective stacks, villain shoving is a half pot bet on the river.

I'm a bit puzzled about what villain could have here that he limp called PF and now shows this much interest in. Q5 and Q3 seem very unlikely, so we'll ignore them, and give modest weight to 53. 33, perhaps, 55 is now super unlikely because of the turn 5. Possibly QQ+ (only 1 QQ), AQ, KQ, QJ? After the third bet I don't expect this to be a diamond draw anymore. Looking at that range (53/33/55/QQ+,AQ,KQ,QJ) it looks like you have enough equity given how big the pot is to stack off here. If you cut out QJ, it's close, but probably still worthwhile. So, the question is, do you get best value from worse hands by pushing now, or letting him fire again? I tend to think this guy has expressed that he's not folding, so I think shoving the turn is probably the best way to handle this; I'd rather not have the worse Qs check behind.