Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just ru

[ QUOTE ]
Ok let's hate on them for blowing a read light for no apparent reason. Lets show them no respect at all.

Oh but wait... two masked men just ran into my work! "PLEASE HELP ME!!!! SOMEONE CALL 911!!! I NEED HELP!!!".

Who cares if they blow a red light and speed once in awhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic is retarded and could be applied to millions of situations. You don't look the other way when doctors shop lift just because "OMG WHEN I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK THE DOCTOR WILL HELP ME".
Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So please stop bashing the police. I intend to become a Chicago Police Officer in the near future.

KTHNXBYE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, the nation's finest.

http://digg.com/videos/educational/C...innocent_man_2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNQnqwxy9Vc (graphic)

One rule for cops and one rule for others is screwed up. I'm with the OP. Report these clowns and have them reprimanded, unless you're in Chicago [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Speaking of Chicago PD, I once was stopped behind a cop at a red light at around midnight. He turned on his lights, ran the red, and immediately turned right into a Dunkin' Donuts, where there was another cop hanging out already. Definitely no crime going on as far as I could see as I drove past. So, I guess the stereotype is true.

BTW, Crabs, your kind of ethical flexibility is probably why the CPD is in so much trouble lately for all the abuses they've been caught for. (Numerous reports of assaulting civilians for no reason, which prompted the Police Chief to resign.) I'm not equating running a red light with beating people up, but it's a slippery slope.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just run em

For the record, [censored] cops, and [censored] you. Cops are the single most worthless form of public service out there. A)if someone breaks into your house, cops don't make it in time to save you.

Oh wait, what if someone breaks into your car? You call 911. Do they send a cop over? No they take a [censored] report over the phone. Cops don't prevent crime, all they do is show up and arrest people.

All cops are nothing more then middle men in a terrible justice system.

Ps-99% of them are unethical pricks.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, [censored] cops, and [censored] you. Cops are the single most worthless form of public service out there. A)if someone breaks into your house, cops don't make it in time to save you.

Oh wait, what if someone breaks into your car? You call 911. Do they send a cop over? No they take a [censored] report over the phone. Cops don't prevent crime, all they do is show up and arrest people.

All cops are nothing more then middle men in a terrible justice system.

Ps-99% of them are unethical pricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is true that 99% of them are pricks, but even the pricks still do a decent job.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 PM

When will people realize:

Cops are above the law.

Have you ever heard of 'The Blue Wall"? It exists.
If you're ever involved in any kind of incident with an off duty cop, you'll surely get an up-close-and-personal look at it first hand.

Conversely, I like cops when I need them.

Disclaimer: I hate it too.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Performing a righteous citizen's arrest on a cop pulling this kind of [censored] is a (very, very far-fetched) lifelong fantasy of mine.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:27 PM

Anyone who says that this is a minor thing is totally off the mark and missing the point.

This is a microcosm of the reasoning for why so many people hate cops. There are many times when they seem to be upholding the law because it's their job - there's no sense of the greater good. Why do they think they are pulling people over for speeding and running lights? It SHOULD be because doing those things is [censored] dangerous. I'm not saying cops should be held up to an incredibly high standard, but we're talking about them willfully disregarding laws designed to protect people just because they can.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 PM

As an example:

Let's say a cop is doing this stupid move of flicking on lights and going thru a crowded intersection.

Let's say next that he causes a HUGE accident doing this and let's further say that the accident was his fault 100%.

The reality is, when this gets investigated, The Blue Wall goes up, cops in the station cover for him and say he was responding to something and he will never, ever be charged with any kind of recklessness.

Often times, the person he hit will be charged with not heeding to a police vehicle or some stupid [censored] and he'll be cited instead of the meathead cop.

Witnesses don't matter. The Blue Wall is what matters.

It makes me kind of sick, but I also realize that most cops are meatheads to some extent and you just have to accept that. [censored] with cops is futile at best, unhealthy at worst.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 PM

Crass generalizations are cool if they're about cops.