Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: FT200, 6m, bluff on the river

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him checking the flop with Jx ever. Therefore I assume he will have a hard time calling the riverbet. Besides, I play any Jx or better the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

you make good points, but you cant expect your opponent to think this way. seems like he took a passive line on the flop for pot control and to give you guys a little rope on such a dry flop.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: FT200, 6m, bluff on the river

well I'd be surprised if he checked something like 78 on the flop but thats possible. On the turn I can't see him calling a bet with 78 but maybe he'd peel one with T9 maybe 98 or A9 or something. So you were hoping he catches that 9 a lot on the turn and doesn't call a river bet on an offsuit 2? I don't know why he would do that though because all the draws missed on the river. If the river was a king or something this would seem a lot better (or an ace, but u obv. have an ace).

I would completely rule out him bluff-calling the turn. It just seems really optimistic and I'm not sure u ever thought to put him on a hand range (no offence or anything).