Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: i got 3 OF A KIND!, how many bets? 1/2 fr

Personally, I don't 3bet the turn.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:35 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]
man, i really need to read these hands twice before i comment on them...

[/ QUOTE ]

me too usually
Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you put villain on?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 15/7/2 over 300, taggish

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon... give a read about his blind defense or something.

I think you should check-call the river. I would probably 3-bet too, thinking that he might unload here with TT or something else that he decided to get silly with, but since you got capped, he probably has A8.

Of course, if you gave a read or something, it would have been better.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 AM

in 300 hands villain folds bb to steal 0.0000, sb to steal 33.333333, and his att to steal is 37.500000

so, sample insignificant, thus not given, but probably he can get out of line in blind battles same as a lot of us?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 AM

I think you played it goot so far and should spike an 8 or 9 and raise. If, by some chance you don't spike an 8 or 9, I'd call expecting to win 15%<x>50%
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you put villain on?

[/ QUOTE ]

After a double c/r, I put him basically on 8x, something that can beat 8x, or something horrendously stupid. Of all the 8x's out there, there are only 3 we beat, one we chop with, and the other eight versions of 8x have us drawing to 3 outs. If he has something horrendously stupid, I guess we can hope and pray he'll keep being utterly stupid and spewtastic and either cap or call our 3bet drawing basically dead, but really, I don't see that very much. When I see a double c/r anywhere outside of a 2+2 donkfest, it means business.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
villain is 15/7/2 over 300, taggish

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon... give a read about his blind defense or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. You have no idea of his BB defense range versus a button raise? Furthermore, how active have you been in LP, both opening/stealing and iso-raising?

Well, let's start building a range. We can pretty much discount all 3-betting hands unless he's getting stupid, so that all but rules out any overpairs. I can see 55-77 spewing like this because he may think you're spewing in a steal. He's got no reason to put you on trips, because nobody plays trips fast. For that exact reason I think 44 is out, since it doesn't fit the action. 33, 22, and naked overcards are probably also out, since there's not enough "value" in mashing it up, and there's too many other hands he can be behind.

So that leaves 8x, 4x, and flopped air that picked up a draw on the turn. If he has 8x you're in trouble: he has a bigger kicker most of the time since anything >98 is more likely to be a defending hand than anything much lower than 86. 4x you're killing, obviously, but less defending hands have a 4: A4, 54, 64, K4 in decreasing order of likeliness and that's about it. He didn't get to 15/7 by defending with Q4 or 74.

Now we get to hands that were restealing hands that picked up a draw and thus the opportunity to check/raise semibluff: A3 and A5 turned a wheelshot, 65 picked up the bottom end of a double-gutter, and two random [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s now have a flush draw.

For this reason I like the turn three-bet, as this seems a silly way to play a better hand and he may be capable or restealing/counterspewing/semibluffing with this little bifecta. When he caps though, 8x grows in probability and worse hands diminish.

River? Call any card if he bets (except an 8 or 9 obviously). If he checks, I'm actually more likely to bet a potential scare card like an A or a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. If a card that, from his perspective, should be a scare card for you hits the river, he should bet to avoid letting you have a free showdown. If a seemingly harmless card comes, though, you may be getting set up for a trifecta if you bet, and you'd have to call it.

And if you're playing Heisenb3rg, it doesn't matter what comes, since it will make his hand and you're effed.

Also, quit flooding the board, n00b. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 AM

To be a nit, we beat four 8x: 87, 86, 85, 83.

I was going to go over every single possibility of 8x and the outs we'd have, but I have lost the heart since I started. I do agree though that the double check-raise should have red lights going off with our 9 kicker.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in 300 hands villain folds bb to steal 0.0000, sb to steal 33.333333, and his att to steal is 37.500000

so, sample insignificant, thus not given, but probably he can get out of line in blind battles same as a lot of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's far less inclined to get out of line. Most players with sub 18 VPIP don't know how to get out of line at all.