Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Vegas Omaha Hi/Lo

I realize it is way beneath you, but the 4/8 O8 at Orleans is proably the easist and fast money that there is at that limit.

So long as you can deal with the "mature" clientele that frequents the game and their idiosyncrasies, you will make money and have a good time.

It runs 24/7 at Orleans, often on at least 2 tables. 4/8 with half kill O8.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:37 AM

the bellagio spreads a 20/40 with a half kill, and it generally plays fairly loose and fast.

the wynn spreads a 10/20 with a half kill.

the orleans has a 4/8 with a half kill iirc, but i've never been there, though i hear it runs all the time.

the games at the B and the W usually run from noon till four in the morning when they make.

Thanks for the info. I will check out the Wynn.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:43 AM

I realize it is way beneath you, but the 4/8 O8 at Orleans is proably the easist and fast money that there is at that limit.

So long as you can deal with the "mature" clientele that frequents the game and their idiosyncrasies, you will make money and have a good time.

It is not beneath me, probably will give it a shot as well. Playing at Foxwoods I'm used to playing with the "mature" clientele. So seat changes and people asking for new decks is nothing new to me.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man three heavyweights weighed in on this topic without making the comment "use the search function" that's impressive to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we? B&M is a forum where the same topics are discussed every single week, there are few new things to discuss yet we only crack down when there are active duplicate posts or if something is discussed in a trollish way so often that its sickening. In some ways B&M is the 2+2 department of redundancy department [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Corrected it too.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:57 PM

it really sucks for me that the only 'high limit' poker i like to play is LO8, and the biggest game i can find in LV is 20/40.

i'd like to know why there can be three tables of 75/150 and sometimes one table of 150/300 going during the wsop, but there isn't a single table of 75/150 during the rest of the year.

next time i'm at the wynn and the b i'm going to try and stir up an interest list.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It runs 24/7 at Orleans, often on at least 2 tables. 4/8 with half kill O8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, The Orleans = Retirement Community. I would also check out Mike's website www.allvegaspoker.com
It's very useful for getting a baseline of games spread and the nature of the clientle. Some of the reviews are outdated, but often new stuff from other posters. Some of the posters just do reviews to post their bad beats, but you can read and see what reviewers know what they are talking about... Very helpful website though, info on tournaments too. P.S. Thanks for running this site Mike!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:32 PM

It is actually not my site. I only mod the forums there, and am not permitted to mention it directly due to my involvement there. The site owner is someone else.

Thanks for the kind words, though.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it really sucks for me that the only 'high limit' poker i like to play is LO8, and the biggest game i can find in LV is 20/40.

i'd like to know why there can be three tables of 75/150 and sometimes one table of 150/300 going during the wsop, but there isn't a single table of 75/150 during the rest of the year.

next time i'm at the wynn and the b i'm going to try and stir up an interest list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, you can often find higher on weekends at least in AC...I've seen 100/200 O8 pretty regularly last couple months.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, you can often find higher on weekends at least in AC...I've seen 100/200 O8 pretty regularly last couple months.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can also get bigger games in LA, and Tunica I think will spread the limits your looking for. In Vegas the trick is to get the game started with 3 friends, once people know there is a game running they will sit in.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:46 PM

Well that settles it. I will probably play the 10/20 at the Wynn. Will hit the loose 20/40 at the Bellagio towards the end of my trip, if I play it right when I get there it could seriously dent my bankroll. Thanks for the replys.