Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Man vs Wild is fake

[ QUOTE ]
just based on the camera work its obviously the show isn't that legit, in terms of the his-life-is-constantly-on-the-line aspect of the show.

the show is still informative and interesting. though there are some really cheesy bits every now and again where he plays up how difficult or scary something is when it is obviously very trivial. the show survivor man seems way way more legit. but that may just be because they actually try to cover up their tracks a bit.

in terms of educational value, both shows seem to be on par with each other fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they are necessarily as on par with educational value. Man vs. Wild has the occasional good piece of advice from the two shows I have seen, but he takes far too many risks that the average person should not take. He can do this because he is highly trained, has people around in case of emergency and now also stays in hotels at night.

Survivorman is much more conservative and representative of a real life survival because there is no safety net for Stroud. If that guy falls and is seriously injured he will not be found for a few days at which time the helicopter will come to find him. He is most certainly all by himself with just the cameras. Maybe he has some secret communication device for emergencies, but this guy seems really serious and I think he does what he says he does. He lived in the woods with barely any materials for a year.

So, anyway, in conclusion, I think in terms of learning what you should do in a survival situation you will learn much more what to do and how to stay alive longer if you follow Survivorman, but it doesn't hurt to learn even more from Man vs. Wild.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
know though, Les Stroud who does Survivor Man is the absolute real deal. I love this dude and he inspired me to try my own survival trip.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Stroud

[/ QUOTE ]
From wwtdd:

HE ... BIT ... THE HEAD ... OFF A SNAKE ... AND [censored] ATE IT. He ate the snake. While it was alive. After he bit off it's [censored] head. Uh, who gives a [censored] if he stayed in a motel the night before, he's still way more man than I'll ever be. Just like Mariah Carey.

(by the way, Bear was British Special Forces, broke his back at age 22 in a parachuting accident, then climbed Mt. Everest when he was 23. And he named his son Marmaduke. I dare anyone to be cooler than this. More Bear madness here)

Edit: Oops, I see I was beat to the punch
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM

Gosh, you people probably think reality TV is real too. And politicians are telling you what they think. ZOMG THEY'RE NOT! OH SANTA CLAUS HELP ME!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:28 PM

He is Christian, and in many interviews has expressed his devout faith. The only alcoholic beverage he will consume is whiskey.

sorry bear, but Im stealign that one.

chick: so...what religion are you?

guids: Im a devout catholic, the only booze I drink is whiskey.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:34 PM

Pretty funny stuff.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope he really did drink his own piss then

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM

But i thought he ties the camera onto monkeys and they fallow him around? You are saying he has camera men with him when he tries to survive by himself?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
know though, Les Stroud who does Survivor Man is the absolute real deal. I love this dude and he inspired me to try my own survival trip.

[/ QUOTE ]
From wwtdd:

HE ... BIT ... THE HEAD ... OFF A SNAKE ... AND [censored] ATE IT. He ate the snake. While it was alive. After he bit off it's [censored] head. Uh, who gives a [censored] if he stayed in a motel the night before, he's still way more man than I'll ever be. Just like Mariah Carey.

(by the way, Bear was British Special Forces, broke his back at age 22 in a parachuting accident, then climbed Mt. Everest when he was 23. And he named his son Marmaduke. I dare anyone to be cooler than this. More Bear madness here)

Edit: Oops, I see I was beat to the punch

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 PM

sad
Old 07-24-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dang. I was watching this just yesterday. The first time I saw it months ago I was thoroughly impressed, but the second time [yesterday] i was noticing all the stupid camera shots and cut aways and I started to become really suspicious of everything. I knew for a fact that he wasn't doing everything the exact way he said he was, especially because the camera man had to follow him all the time. This is disappointing, but not surprising at all.

In case anyone doesn't know though, Les Stroud who does Survivor Man is the absolute real deal. I love this dude and he inspired me to try my own survival trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at calling this guy "the real deal". What on that wiki makes him the real deal. This has already been discussed here, and its clear that Man v. Wild host Bear Grylls is more of a "real deal"

[/ QUOTE ]

Bear Grylls just does some hard core [censored] on camera that thousands and thousands of people could do to make some money. Wow he can't fight good, who cares? I can see people who know how to fight on every god damn channel. Bear Grylls wouldn't bite the head off the snake if there wasn't money in it, he wouldn't do anything on his show if it weren't for money. Thats why Les Stroud is the real deal.

Les Stroud went to the middle of [censored] nowhere with some food and his wife, built a cabin from scratch and lived in it for a god damn year, going back to civilization for family emergencies twice. In my book thats way more hard core than biting the head off a snake.