Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Can we have a \"Las Vegas\" forum?

i think this idea is crap.

[ QUOTE ]
It's like taking all the cards games and throwing them all into one forum. Yes the information is there- you just have to go through all the thread topics dealing with SNG, PLO, MMT, WSOP, and a ton of other random threads just to find the Texas Hold'em threads you are seeking.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that there is an insufficient volume of high quality LV posts to sustain a forum. it seems to me that if muppets could use the search function correctly, they would not have this problem.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever you think properly belongs in B&M will either be moved to an irrelevant forum by TT or locked because someone one time in history asked a similar question.

Yesterday, someone asked a valid question, and TT answered with "why do you want to know?"

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy with a * and a history of bad posts, you perfectly fit the profile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit, whoops my bad thinking of someone else..

You do have two *'s tho! :P
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could ask the "best steak in vegas" question in:

brick and mortar
oot
el d forum
travel forum
google
probably bbv4l

[/ QUOTE ]

don't ask it in OOT. see the sticky, it directs all 'gambling destination' type threads to B&M.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:14 AM

I'm for this forum if it replaces LOL.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:44 AM

NT,

Honestly I think that's silly. Where do you draw the line with "gambling destination" stuff? While OOT is possibly the 2nd least correct place on my list for such a question (B&M arguably being the worst), I don't know if I'm cool with that.

I think a significant problem with the B&M forum is that there's no clear guide to just what the hell IS supposed to be posted there. There's a nice list of stuff NOT to post though!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:55 AM

cit,

"I don't know if I'm cool with that."

uh oh!!!

"Where do you draw the line with "gambling destination" stuff?"

how is this ambiguous at all? if it's a post about what to do in or around a common gambling destination, it goes in the forum about brick & mortar gambling.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you threaten to ban people who disagree with you? Is this what you call 'being so nice'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, at least you didn't get banned like I did. I had to plea to Mat to unban me, which he did, apologizing for *TT* -- and murmuring something about reminding him to take his Paxil. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I try to avoid *TT* as much as possible, and pray to the poker gods that I'm not posting something in B&M that *TT* is going to take interest in -- whether good or bad. No offense, *TT* -- you seem like you can be a genuinely nice guy a lot -- but then there are times that you seem like a different person -- not so nice.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:09 PM

NT,

(1) Perhaps if it was clear to anyone, ever, that that's what B&M was for, it would be better. However, I think most people think that B&M has to do with well, B&M Gambling, not eating or whatever.

(2) I understand that it's whatever floats your boat in OOT, but I also think it's pretty silly for you to be the arbiter of what's a "common gambling destination." Vegas - check, Macau - hmmm?, Caymans - eh, naaaaah. I similarly can get "I'm going to Foxwoods, where should I eat" should probably be in B&M, but what about "I'm going to bumble/nowhere CT, where should I eat?" No one goes there but for gamblers, but what if someone's not going to the gambling location, or isn't a gambler at all, or whatever.

Honestly I think that it makes the most sense for all these things to be in Travel. El D forum has a "whatever we feel like having here" sort of policy, so whatever, but in general I think that if we had to pigeon hole this stuff, it should get thrown in the forum that is dedicated to traveling to and experiencing destinations.

If I had a question about what the best strip club in Vegas was, you'd let it stay in OOT (if it weren't so repetitive, but hey, I don't know if I've ever seen a thread about strip clubs locked). If I had a question about hookers in Vegas, you'd let it stay in OOT. If I had questions about desert hiking around Vegas, you'd probably even let it stay in OOT.

While it's debatable whether any or all of that stuff belongs in OOT, it's wildly inconsistent to throw basically just Las Vegas restaurant questions out of OOT.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:15 PM

TT was a lot less power trippy and a lot more humble before he was made a mod.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT was a lot less power trippy and a lot more humble before he was made a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's like he forgot where he came from. He doesn't even return my PMs anymore. He's totally changed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]