Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Rate this swing

His setup seems really hunched over, Ive been doing a ton of practicing with my setup, developing a pre-shot, and everything Ive been told and read says to act like you are sitting on a bar still about 2 inches below your butt.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His setup seems really hunched over...

[/ QUOTE ]

I notice the same thing immediately. When I hunch over at setup my shoulder 'gets in the way' on the takeaway. This leads to lifting up and casting. With an athletic move you can get the club back into a good spot through the ball, but often times you wind up casting and losing distance/accuracy.

Looks like a little work at setup could go a long way.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 AM

-Get him to stand still for half a second before swinging...he is so fidgety.
-Make sure his clubs are the proper length (cant tell, may be a bit short).
-Try this for posture. Have him stand tall then keep his knees locked while he tilts forward with straight spine from the waist (to almost 45 degrees). THEN have him flex his knees a tiny bit (which will reduce his tilt forward) and find his balance. Get his hands hanging just a bit farther away. Should see a big change
-His timing and balance suggest that he could be anywhere from a pro to a 10 handicapper, depends on too many other factors.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:29 AM

Thanks guys, you all have been good sports on this one. Also, thanks for the tips on making him more consistent. He is actually a +2 who has a solid short game and not a very good putter, his consistency is hitting 13-17 GIR, very solid ball striker, not very long though.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 AM

Other then the things already mentioned, in the screen shots did anyone else notice that his head considerably higher, his hunched over set up is causing him to lift his body to a decent position, it seems like he had a bad start w/ a homemade swing and he adapted mid swing. I'd guess his bad rounds are really bad.

His flexibility is also terrible. He looks really tight at the top of his swing, some good stretching could do a lot for his distance. It may screw with his timing so if he's a touring player it's not something he should do mid season.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys, you all have been good sports on this one. Also, thanks for the tips on making him more consistent. He is actually a +2 who has a solid short game and not a very good putter, his consistency is hitting 13-17 GIR, very solid ball striker, not very long though.

[/ QUOTE ]

+2! With the 12 inch headbob? You sure he isn't leveling you?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 PM

If that guy is a +2 he must putt like god or something.

OP,

Sorry for accusing you of pimping out your website. It's just that you came right out and were like, "yeah in case you guys are wondering I buy my video equipment here, blah blah it's a great deal" Nobody even asked about it and you seemed so quick to throw it out there it's the first thing I thought of.

Seems like I had it wrong and I'm sorry if that's the case.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:08 AM

Nope, wasnt trying to pimp anything, I have stated here in past what I use, and somewhat cross referenced others have asked what video equip to use to capture, I have no endorsements with any of the companies.

And no, putting is probably worst part of that game, chipping/pitching prob strongest, plays to middle of most greens from outside 150, can get you a long way.

tobdog