Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: POKERSTARS has just let my $300 check i sent them get stolen!!

According to my years of experience reading and understanding the English language....

PokerStars mailed your check out on the 26th. It was signed for at its destination by A. Lewis on the 28th when the courier delivered the check and this person then cashed it.

There is nothing in either correspondence which leads me to think A. Lewis is associated with PokerStars. It's more likely this person is your neighbor and laughing at you while enjoying your $300 from just a few yards away.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to my years of experience reading and understanding the English language....

PokerStars mailed your check out on the 26th. It was signed for at its destination by A. Lewis on the 28th when the courier delivered the check and this person then cashed it.

There is nothing in either correspondence which leads me to think A. Lewis is associated with PokerStars. It's more likely this person is your neighbor and laughing at you while enjoying your $300 from just a few yards away.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my read. OP should contact the mail service and ask them to investigate to whom and where they delivered the returned check.

It sounds like PS registered their return letter, so the mail service could be liable for delivering it, knowingly, to the wrong person.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 PM

The money from the check went into someone else's Pokerstar's account, right? This seems like a pretty clear mistake to me, no? The problem is that they are not admitting fault, or indicating how/why the fault lies in the OP.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:49 PM

Just call your bank and tell them to stop payment/give it to their fraud dept. to recover. The fact that you did not do this first but, rather, made your post and have been waiting for PS to respond, is mildly disturbing.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call your bank and tell them to stop payment/give it to their fraud dept. to recover. The fact that you did not do this first but, rather, made your post and have been waiting for PS to respond, is mildly disturbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He would have funds reimbursed within 24 hours. Banks do not let the burden fall on the accountholder in the case of fraud. Then the bank will go after whoever cashed the check illegally and you will get your $300 back immediately.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I see now.

I thought PStars employee A.Lewis signed for it, and then it was mysteriously cashed. My bad.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One of my checks that was mailed back to me b/c I couldn't follow directions was fraudulently cashed.... call my bank? no...

Post on 2+2 and place blame on PS... YES!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:03 PM

Whats disturbing is the impersonal customer service in my opinion. I mean in a fraud case like this i'd appreciate someone in charge personally writing me at least or calling me to tell me what is going on.

Now thankfully a person here happens to work for stars and said he will look into this himself.. hopefully he can help.. the support at stars just sends me out stupid emails saying.. " we have sent to correct dept." hope they handle this responsibly with me.

Also it was a cashier's check i got at wal-,mart.. so this guy someone forged it and cashed it already into his ps account somehow illegally.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:18 PM

Do cashiers checks not have individual numbers thet correspond to a number found on the stub you retain? I was under the impression you could do the same thing by contacting where the check was drawn and report it stolen, thus stopping payment. I would not wait any longer.

Also sounds like PS did what they were supposed to do by mailing the check back to you but it was intercepted by someone in route and was subsequently cashed. I do not see how PS has any culpibility in this matter unless I misunderstood your OP.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:21 PM

But how does A. Lewis take a check made out to PokerStars and cash it?
Closed Thread