Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: money is burning; who is the incinerator?

Don't know whether it's unnecessary or spewage, but I'd like it better (or dislike it less) if my pair was higher.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:33 AM

i dont think the pair is the point andy. it's essentially A high. and by the end it is only A high.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think the pair is the point andy. it's essentially A high. and by the end it is only A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a pair on the turn. pair> ace-high.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 AM

"he has a pair on the turn. pair> ace-high."

youre basically just messing with me now right? youre not really this stupid are you?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 AM

On the turn he does beat all other ace highs, but I suppose that David's 3 betting these hands pre... but monkeys on tilt do weird things.

I like the line.

Devo
Old 07-22-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youre not really this stupid are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends who you ask.

how am i not on your ignore list yet? you have made it clear you think i don't know a damn thing. the feature is there. use it.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:07 PM

id rather you just be mature and not respond to my posts with nonsensical pointless simple minded replies, but since you refuse to do that ill just put you on ignore as you suggest.

for instance a reply you could have made to mine would have been something like this:

i think there really is a difference here between A high and the pair hero holds. for instance sb might have A high with a kicker of some sort and in that case the pair really matters. hero should raise the turn not just for value or to induce a 3 bet bluff, but because a hand like AT has a significant amount of chop and win outs and needs to be charged two bets on the turn to draw.

instead you made two asanine questions that were vague and low on thought. the question isnt why dont i put you on ignore. it's why dont you start making posts that are clear and have some degree of thought behind them rather than just typing whatever idiocy pops into your head and posting it?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id rather you just be mature and not respond to my posts with nonsensical pointless simple minded replies, but since you refuse to do that ill just put you on ignore as you suggest.

for instance a reply you could have made to mine would have been something like this:

i think there really is a difference here between A high and the pair hero holds. for instance sb might have A high with a kicker of some sort and in that case the pair really matters. hero should raise the turn not just for value or to induce a 3 bet bluff, but because a hand like AT has a significant amount of chop and win outs and needs to be charged two bets on the turn to draw.

instead you made two asanine questions that were vague and low on thought. the question isnt why dont i put you on ignore. it's why dont you start making posts that are clear and have some degree of thought behind them rather than just typing whatever idiocy pops into your head and posting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I am now on ignore, only those foolish enough to have neglected this feature will get to read it, but I'll write it anyway.

I will never be mature, thank god, so that is clearly out of the question. Putting me on ignore as you have repeatedly threatened seems to be the best course of action here. As I stated earlier, there is no point in you reading yet more advice that is contradictory to yours. That's just overkill.

As far as my reply to your post that fivesense's hand is "basically ace-high", I simply pointed out the fact that 1 pair does indeed beat ace high. Do you dispute this fact? You give no explanation for your comment, so it is not absurd to assume that you do. You say that I should give thought out responses, but somehow this does not apply to you? You gave absolutely no explanation how his hand is basically ace-high, just merely stated that it is and left it at that. So, you can do this but others can't? My god. Who the hell do you think you are? This is the kind of hypocracy/contradiction/smugness that is rampant in your posts. Not only that, but often you are dead wrong and spout of with an air of infallibility that only perpetuates the disinformation that you spread. Lots of us see it, but I am the only one who calls you on it. Whatever, I guess it is good for the game.

I simply stated, correctly, that 1 pair beats ace-high. Not to mention the fact that not only is your statement wrong, your assertion that they are basically the same hand is flat out wrong, and other experts agree with me on this as well. Might as well put them on ignore, too.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:30 PM

The real question for mike l is why do you game hop so much? Why do you play a round and get up....I have played with you prob 20 times and never not 1 single time more than 30 min? How do you spout so much advice on threads that are read driven, when you in fact never stick around long enough to use a read.

You may be a better math player than others, but I just find it odd that you give read advice. Is there a reason or something the rest of us are missing by staying and getting into the flow of a game?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:56 AM

Almost every time I have played with Mike L it has been for like 8-12 straight hours so I'm not really sure what you're talking about there.

I don't really understand the antipokerbob crusade either because I am generally amused by PB posts. I think Mike is just angry because there are just so very many awful posts lately regarding strategy that they make you want to beat up that damn Macho Man Randy Savage.