Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: \"Dead Zone\" Strategy: Playing a micro stack.

I think I would rather try to go allinn with BB.
But i have second problem.Lets say u have 2 BB and u are in the button and you have J9off.Someone raises standard 3 or 4x in the MP.What would you do?Go in and get 1 to 3 odds to win the pot?Or wait better spot to attack?
Old 07-21-2007, 12:31 PM

When you are this short its time to forget poker and time to gamble. Any 2. In fact, even thinking like this is just extending a slow painful death.........

I much prefer a suicide shove!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you are this short its time to forget poker and time to gamble. Any 2. In fact, even thinking like this is just extending a slow painful death.........

I much prefer a suicide shove!

[/ QUOTE ]
No when you are this short you need to make the best play. Of course you have to gamble, but that doesn't mean you play when it is better to pass.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any 2

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason being that if people start limping preflop then someone could make a big raise to isolate allowing you a chance to quintuple up in a heads up pot. This is less likely to happen when you are BB and you will not have dead money from the BB when you are the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is a possibility, but it would require someone to have a stronger hand than normal because there would be zero chance of winning the main without a showdown, all that could be accomplished is getting an overlay on your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty good reason for a decent/thinking player to raise almost anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I love isolating when ppl limp with a guy all-in, it's like WTF are you thinking?!

Then they bitch at me for not letting ppl stay in the pot and sometimes quadrupling up the shorty, but who the hell cares? Not me!

As for the question, I'm definitely not doing any 2, because you're very likely to be all-in on the next hand when you're in the BB anyway.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:32 PM

I think with the antes being there you can't wait very long - you're putting in 12.5% of your stack just for ante with 400 stack and 300/600 A50 blinds. I think that's good enough reason to push any 2. For example if you just go up against the BB and win the hand you're already up to 1500.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:33 PM

trur
Old 07-21-2007, 09:06 PM

Antes in play = ATC regardless of position and action
No antes, Any broadway, any pair, and 3 gappers+
Old 07-21-2007, 09:55 PM

Guys, it is not enough to reply to this thread with "almost anything." If you are folding hands, what hands are you folding? I don't immediately know the answer to this question, but I assume its any 2 and not even close, especially given the antes.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:53 PM

I play 100% of my hands, I would play a joker and the rules card if they let me.

Seriously, you can create what-ifs where folding could be right, but we don't know what happens when we toss our chips in, I think an iso is more likely than a big multi-limp. Regardless, the showdown pot this hand will be bigger for us than it will be next hand, b/c we will be posting the blind. That is enough for me.

Really, it is so hard to make a mistake with a stack under 5xBB. The only way to really make a big mistake is folding too much. FWIW, I jam ATC the first time it is folded to me with <5xBB, if that is UG at a full table, so be it. Now, I think having < 1xbb makes this closer, but it is still always a jam in my eyes. (and I know the math is close enough that it doesnt really matter).
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 100% of my hands, I would play a joker and the rules card if they let me.

Seriously, you can create what-ifs where folding could be right, but we don't know what happens when we toss our chips in, I think an iso is more likely than a big multi-limp. Regardless, the showdown pot this hand will be bigger for us than it will be next hand, b/c we will be posting the blind. That is enough for me.

Really, it is so hard to make a mistake with a stack under 5xBB. The only way to really make a big mistake is folding too much. FWIW, I jam ATC the first time it is folded to me with <5xBB, if that is UG at a full table, so be it. Now, I think having < 1xbb makes this closer, but it is still always a jam in my eyes. (and I know the math is close enough that it doesnt really matter).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this but I think that we should be jamming a lot deeper if we had a joker and the rules card in our hand.

I haven't done the math on this but I am pretty sure that a joker+the rules card is way ahead of any reasonable calling range.