Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: I learned about waco tonight..

O/U before Nielso posts a "I just learned about the moon landing" thread?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:35 AM

Waco is sick.

Guy declares he is jesus.
Federal government via ATF thugs burns down his compound and kill a bunch of women and children.

You know the worst part? They killed him because he had a bunch of guns. I guess the second amendment doesn't apply to people who have strange religions. You know what's even crazier? 8 months before they executed their ridiculous warrant, he sent them a letter saying "come on in and take a look around, I hear you guys have some concerns, let me put them to rest".

They didn't follow up on that letter; but they did come in, 8 months later with guns ablazing, and killed a bunch of people for basically no reason.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
O/U before Nielso posts a "I just learned that the moon landing was a gov't conspiracy" thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
O/U before Nielso posts a "I just learned that the moon landing was a gov't conspiracy" thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is what he was already implying. I am surprised it hasn't been done yet.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
O/U before Nielso posts a "I just learned about the moon landing" thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... wtf. I seriously doubt most Europeans are aware of the details of what went on with Waco. Hell, most AMERICANS aren't aware.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:43 AM

Wow. Chuck Schumer. What an American hero.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
..and I'm absolutely apalled.

Part I
http://video.google.com/url?docid=4298137966377572665

Part II
http://video.google.com/url?docid=-1755692679103175934

I'm not sure what to be more disgusted with. The actions of the faceless military might or the lies and coverup afterwards.

(I searched and found no OP about this subject)

[/ QUOTE ]

well there was no military force present at Waco, or is Niels just classifying any govt. force as "military"? Besides, to say the ATF or FBI simply lit the joint on fire is retarded. Fire caused by CS or flares is far from intentional, if it could have been proved to be caused by that (which it wasn't). Wasn't the HRT about to assault the compound until it lit on fire anyways?

*disclaimer:I havent watched either videos, which is probably a good thing considering what Niels has linked in the past
Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

well there was no military force present at Waco, or is Niels just classifying any govt. force as "military"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Rented military tanks, FLIR imaging, day-and-night psychological warfare, and armed helecopters don't seem a bit militaristic to you?

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, to say the ATF or FBI simply lit the joint on fire is retarded. Fire caused by CS or flares is far from intentional, if it could have been proved to be caused by that (which it wasn't). Wasn't the HRT about to assault the compound until it lit on fire anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]
How about machinegun fire directed into the main exit from the central complex, exactly where the Branch Davidians had gathered (and bodies were found with gunshot wounds), which began shortly after the fire started (as recorded by the FLIR)? Just a big mix-up? Could have happened to anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
*disclaimer:I havent watched either videos, which is probably a good thing considering what Niels has linked in the past

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, what a nut, that Neils. Nothing to see here. God bless the ATF -- after all, SOMEONE has to protect us from alcohol, tobacco, and firearms!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

well there was no military force present at Waco, or is Niels just classifying any govt. force as "military"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Rented military tanks, FLIR imaging, day-and-night psychological warfare, and armed helecopters don't seem a bit militaristic to you?

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, to say the ATF or FBI simply lit the joint on fire is retarded. Fire caused by CS or flares is far from intentional, if it could have been proved to be caused by that (which it wasn't). Wasn't the HRT about to assault the compound until it lit on fire anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]
How about machinegun fire directed into the main exit from the central complex, exactly where the Branch Davidians had gathered (and bodies were found with gunshot wounds), which began shortly after the fire started (as recorded by the FLIR)? Just a big mix-up? Could have happened to anyone?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, what a nut, that Neils. Nothing to see here. God bless the ATF -- after all, SOMEONE has to protect us from alcohol, tobacco, and firearms!

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you can see you're being ridiculous right? The FBI having some (essentially) armored cars does not make this a military operation so let's not be so sensationalist. There is no military force present on the ground because of the Posse Comitatus Act, there are government forces on ground. Is this a disputable fact? The FBI using tanks is not equal to the military using tanks. FBI would use said tanks to approach the compound and if need be crash through a wall, not launch 120mm rounds into the compound. You need to get your facts right.

Are you saying that machine gun fire started the blaze? how may I ask? Machine guns may fire tracer rounds, but I highly doubt that's enough to start a blaze large enough to take down a compound.

Machine gun fire trained at the center of the compound? Is there any evidence for this? "The FBI has always contended that its agents never fired on April 19, even when fired upon -- that the Davidians shot themselves and each other. Autopsy reports showed that 19 Branch Davidians had gunshot wounds. But Justice Department officials now acknowledge that the ballistics work done after Waco was rudimentary at best." It seems that so far you have nothing but conspiracy theories to rely upon, and if that's the case I think we're done here.

Yes, there is nothing to see here, 1).both those links were down when I clicked on them and 2).You both seem to be huge conspiracy theorists who reply upon the testimony of crackpots to support your causes. Call me a sheep if you will, but you're both being ridiculous and have zero understanding of the tactics or technology used by either the military or the FBI.

If you care to read what Wiki says about the lovely David Koresh and Branch Davidians (who Niels and co. so vehemently defend): [ QUOTE ]
"Interviews with surviving Davidians state that David Koresh was intimately versed in the Bible and "knew it like he wrote it".[3] Koresh taught that the U.S. government was the enemy of the Davidians, and that they would have to defend themselves. In a video made by the Davidians and released during the siege,[3] Koresh stated that he had been told by God to procreate with the women in the groups to establish a "House of David", his "Special People". This involved married couples in the group dissolving their marriages and agreeing that only Koresh could have sexual relations with the wives. On the tape, Koresh is also shown with several minors who claimed to have had babies fathered by Koresh. In total, Koresh had fourteen young children who stayed with him in the compound.

A video clip of an interview between Koresh and an Australian television station notes that he was accused of impregnating the aged widow of the founder of Branch Davidianism. He sarcastically said that if the charges were true, if he had "made an 82 year-old woman pregnant... I do miracles, I'm God!"

On February 27, 1993 the Waco Tribune-Herald began what it called the “Sinful Messiah” series of articles.[2] It alleged that Koresh had physically abused children in the compound and had taken underage brides, even raping one of them. Koresh was also said to advocate polygamy for himself, and declared himself married to several female residents of the small community. According to the paper, Koresh declared that he was entitled to at least 140 wives, that he was entitled to claim any of the females in the group as his, that he had fathered at least a dozen children by the harem and that some of these mothers became brides as young as twelve or thirteen years old.

Reports from Joyce Sparks, an investigator from the Texas agency responsible for protective services, stated that she had found significant evidence that the allegations were true in her visits to the Mount Carmel site over a period of months. However, she said that the investigation was difficult as she was not permitted to speak with the children alone, nor was she permitted to inspect all areas of the site. She noted that safety concerns over construction sites at Mount Carmel were either ignored or slowly corrected.[citation needed][3]. Carol Moore, author of the 1994 "The Massacre Of The Branch Davidians—A Study Of Government Violations Of Rights, Excessive Force And Cover Up",[4] published by The Committee For Waco Justice, writes:

(Rick) Ross told the Houston Chronicle that Koresh is "your stock cult leader. They're all the same. Meet one and you've met them all. They're deeply disturbed, have a borderline personality and lack any type of conscience...No one willingly enters into a relationship like this. So you're talking about deception and manipulation (by the leader), people being coached in ever so slight increments, pulled in deeper and deeper without knowing where it's going or seeing the total picture."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the end, David Koresh (group's messiah/leader) and his group were doing plenty of illegal things

[/ QUOTE ]

name them please.

also to others it is not disputed that army special forces were there at waco, I guess that could be considered a military presence.