Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: soaring eagle in mich

I heard they have a bad beat jackpot now, anyone have any details?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:58 AM

i used to paly there regularly cuz it was close to msu but its a pretty crappy place to play overall. only games run are 1-2 no limit with a max 100 buy in. i always add chips to teh table when the dealers change. no one notices/cares. games are horrible. i wouldnt try bluffing anyone there. lots of shortstacks. they do have a bad beat jackpot. As full of Js beaten by quads or better.(both cards have to play to win) it has been hit once when it was at like 110k or so.

6 dollar/half an hour is brutal as well
Old 07-21-2007, 02:26 PM

Whats the extra drop for the BBJ? If they take an extra drop from the NL game it doesn't seem like it would be worth playing.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:29 PM

$1
Old 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM

Poker room is 24/7, They recently added a BBJ. Requirments are; Aces full of Jacks beaten by Quads or better, both hole cards must play.

Every monday there is NL tournys and the last Friday of every month there is also NL tourny.

Rake is %10 up to $5, w/ an addition $1 drop for the BBJ.

$1/hour in comps if you have a players club cards.

You can call in by phone and sign up for games an hour ahead of time.

They just recently added new felts to all the tables and automatic shufflers.

On sundays, the NL game is no time charge and is intstead a raked game, same rake structure as all other games.

On a weekday you can usually find the following games; (1) 6/12 LHE, (3-4) NLHE, (2-3) 3/6 LHE.

On a weekend you will usually find; (1) 10/20 LHE, this sometimes get bumped to 15/30. (1) 6/12 LHE, (4-5) NLHE, (3-4) 3/6 LHE, (1)3/6 o8 w/ kill.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:34 PM

We have been having a hard time getting 10/20 running on weekdays for a while now, and its starting to become diffifult to keep running all weekend.

So if anyone is intersted in playing 10/20 and sometimes 15/30, please make the drive up, we could use the people inthe games.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We have been having a hard time getting 10/20 running on weekdays for a while now, and its starting to become diffifult to keep running all weekend.

So if anyone is intersted in playing 10/20 and sometimes 15/30, please make the drive up, we could use the people inthe games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 10 and 15 game used to be SO good up there but is now so full of nits I can't even bring myself to make the hour drive... very sad...

All the donators at the 10 game started playing the Unlimited Hold Them game once they started spreading it...

If Chris or TT or Fred sit in the game, PM me!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:13 PM

The people you listed all still play, although, players like Chris, Tony, and Sam do not come up as often anymore.

But basically the games now are made up of the same 10-15 core player base, it's really struggling.

Teddy still plays very often. And when 10/20 or 15/30 is running, its rare to see any of the reg. players playing anything but that game.

We are at a point where if we could get the game spread on a more regular basis (weekdays) the players are there to play. It's just no one there wants to put the effort in of constantly asking people to sign up and try and a get a game forming, and a few of the games regulars are older and they refuse to play short.

Another problem is the Floor in the Poker Room. On weekdays they basically refuse to open 10/20 unless we have a big list for it, when its obv. we can't get a big list going. HOwever, if they were to open the game for the 3-5 of us that want to play shorthanded, it surely would lead to other players seeing the game actually running and therefore an interest to paly woudl grow, since the game is actually running.

Basically, I am one of the only people who really puts forth an effort in trying to keep the game running and get it running on weekdays. And I don't play nearly as much as I used to.

It just sad that we have to struggle to get a 10/20 game going and that it is essentially our "bigger weekend game." Gross.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:37 PM

I'll be heading up there Wed. afternoon/early evening. You think the 10-20 will be going?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:42 PM

No chance, prolly not even a 6/12.