Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Final table fish?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Yang a massive fish. I read the summary on PokerListings and it looks like Yang is a complete fish/calling station. Is my assumption correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

He might be a fish at life but he played a very solid chipleader game. He has leaks but he made up for them with aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget he started the FT 8th in chips and had to play aggro just to get to the point where people are berating him for his chip leader plays.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Yang a massive fish. I read the summary on PokerListings and it looks like Yang is a complete fish/calling station. Is my assumption correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

He might be a fish at life but he played a very solid chipleader game. He has leaks but he made up for them with aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget he started the FT 8th in chips and had to play aggro just to get to the point where people are berating him for his chip leader plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit interjecting reality in this discussion. You know that does not count.

/Sarcasm off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He did not play the role of fish. Did he get some suck-outs? Yep, but so does anyone playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol WSOP prayerament

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 AM

Imo Yang had leaks but was aggro enough to cover for most of those, Hilm played terribly in the few pots he played, and Kalmar played pretty bad in a few different pots. Other than that from what I saw everyone played pretty decent.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 AM

I missed the entire FT until about 6:15 pm after the first 5 had busted out so I never got a chance to see Yang make those "fishy" plays. All I saw was him playing 4 handed for a long time and then down the the victory and what I saw impressed me. Obviously he's only been playing poker for 2 years and to me - as someone who has played for a couple decades - this makes his performance even more impressive. He was the aggressor and he made more re-raises than I've seen at any FT of any tourney. He owned the other 3 and this is saying something as Alex and Tuan have worlds more experience. Yang kept his composure even when he got sucked out a couple of times and he did get his money in as a favorite every time. What more could anyone ask for?

Alex and Tuan decided to play tight so they could try and double up and they missed the fact that after the one double up by Tuan 4 handed Yang slowed down for a while and during that time they didn't bother to make the raises and play the post flop game that could have paid dividends. The way they played it looked like they were afraid of Yang because of his aggressiveness and that tells me that Yang was not the fish at that table.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yang was more LAG than anything- CS is WAY off IMO.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:16 PM

Kravchenko limp-folded way too much
he played worse than anyone IMO
Old 07-20-2007, 09:29 PM

Why is calling Watkinson with A9o a fish call?
Since Yang was right, shouldn't overbetting with
A7o be a fish overbet?

Yang outplayed the table. Only he didn't play the way
Gordon would have played. Maybe it was the analysis
by Gordon that was off base.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:12 PM

If you exclude about two or three calls from Yang where he was behind, and remove his prayer during all-ins and such, this whole forum would be commenting what an incredible player Yang is.

Aside from a couple calls, he rolled over the table, and made a ton of calls where he was ahead that many would not make.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you exclude about two or three calls from Yang where he was behind, and remove his prayer during all-ins and such, this whole forum would be commenting what an incredible player Yang is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed - if it was a BIG name pro in his shoes, and made the EXACT same pros...everyone would be talking about the utter domination of the final table. But he's a no-name so he made a ton of mistakes and just got lucky. I'm not necessarily saying he's a good or great player, but that night, he was by far the best of the nine.