Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: who banned kipin for harry potter spoilers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we should definitely ban people who post spoilers.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok but hear the story out. he posted a thread with the title

WARNING, HARRY POTTER SPOILERS

that's what i don't get. anyone who didn't want to view the spoilers needed only to not open the thread

comments?

i think it's a lot different to put spoilers in the title or to just ambush someone in a different post altogether with non-white text, but this is a clearly marked separate thread.. seems like it should be ok right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats different. I thought he did something along the lines of XXXXXX has died in a random thread, like what happenned when the last book came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

he did that too, see adanthar's thread

link

he is just being a dick to ruin other people's fun.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we should definitely ban people who post spoilers.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok but hear the story out. he posted a thread with the title

WARNING, HARRY POTTER SPOILERS

that's what i don't get. anyone who didn't want to view the spoilers needed only to not open the thread

comments?

i think it's a lot different to put spoilers in the title or to just ambush someone in a different post altogether with non-white text, but this is a clearly marked separate thread.. seems like it should be ok right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats different. I thought he did something along the lines of XXXXXX has died in a random thread, like what happenned when the last book came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

he did that too, see adanthar's thread

link

he is just being a dick to ruin other people's fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, in a thread titled WARNING!! SERIOUSLY DON'T OPEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

looks to me like he's only ruining the fun of ABSOLUTE CRETINS AND MORONS whose fun would probably be ruined anyway when they wake up tomorrow and pour Clorox onto their cereal.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 AM

I'm pretty much either boycotting the internet on the 21st and trying to crank through the book on Sunday or just giving up and going spoiler crazy.

The kipin thing.

While I think this ban is iffy, he's just got such a history of doing little crap like this to irk people that I'm not too mad at it. Just as somebody who is e-friends with him, and likes his good side, not being a pest for the sake of being a pest is something he could really stand to learn. (and he doesn't know any spoilers to the best of my knowledge, he's just messing with folks)
Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 AM

Daryn - I think kipin can deal without 2+2 for 16 more hours. its not the end of the world, just a slap on the wrist for not playing nice in the sandbox with the other kids.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 AM

Kipin should NOT have been banned for posting a spoiler if it was clearly marked in the title. Regardless of his history this SHOULD BE acceptable.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kipin should NOT have been banned for posting a spoiler if it was clearly marked in the title. Regardless of his history this SHOULD BE acceptable.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i agree.. clearly marked thread = not a problem whatsoever
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u

[/ QUOTE ]

when daryn, jim kuhn and myself all agree on something it HAS to be right
Old 07-19-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i agree.. clearly marked thread = not a problem whatsoever

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

I am all for admitting I'm wrong for bad bans but I still don't think there is anything wrong with this ban. Our policy clearly states don't post spoilers...and if you do, post them in white and don't start a new thread. He did it twice in one day in different threads and is basically just being a huge dick to impress people on the internet.

Yea the rule is nitty, but it was started because people bitched so much about lost spoilers and sopranos spoilers.

Offtopic forums have plenty of nitty rules that are enforced on a regular basis. Nerds get very pissed off about this kind of stuff and considering nerds are our main customer base it makes sense to cater to them a little more.

I'm not denying it's nitty but it's there for a reason and I'm gonna enforce it.

I also gave him one day off which is basically a slap on the wrist.

Anyways, I'll lift the last 9 hours because a) daryn asked me to; b) he makes a good point they were in clearly demarcated threads (even though they weren't posted in white) and c) I don't really care either way because Harry Potter is lame.

gw
Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Gildwulf,

Just thought I'd let you know [spolier in white] <font color="white"> Soylent Green is people! </font>
Old 07-19-2007, 09:38 AM

ty gild you're a reasonable man.

i basically just made this thread to discuss the situation, of course i'm not trying to influence or change any of your rules.

kudos to all involved!