Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Ludicrously high ante, flat betting structure.

Hello,

This is a horrible structure.

If I am reading your post correctly then the ante is 1/2 of ALL future bets, which is just huge.

However, since the bet sizes never increase... your implied odds just suck....

So to answer your questions...

1) If you have a playable hand... then do whatever you can to get the pot heads-up or at least shorthanded. $9 in the pot to start with only a $2 call = agressive playing to protect hands.

2) Folding any starting hand is not -EV. Playing garbage will still net you garbage results. However, if you are in a tight ghame (and I suspect not) you should be raising with a fair share of hands.

I can tell you with this structure that you will be playing most differently than normal, and position will become vitaly important. Also, i think you would have to check-raise MUCH more in this game than normal.

I would pay VERY CLOSE attention to pot size in this game... particualry on the later streets... This game will play very similar to the big bet streets in a big stud game, and you must play similar. In other words - do whatever you can to knock opponents out.

I agree with Andy, talk to management. This is really terrible structure... and makes it more of a crapshoot.

CJ