Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Stadium etiquette

Last year about halfway through the season all colts season ticket holders got a letter that told us not to stand up because it was inconsiderate to those behind us.

Obviously I (and everyone else) completely ignored it.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Sweet brag, yo!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:03 PM

Standing at games IMPROVES the atmoshpere. People should be all for it.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:14 PM

A couple of years ago, when the Jets faced the Giants in regular season, me, brother and dad went to the game. I forgot the exact play, but the Jets took the lead and us Jets fans got pumped. Stood up, cheered loud, etc. 2 guys behind us (wouldn't be older then 40) got pissed off, and decided to kick my brother(who the hell kicks, lol). Stadium security saw it, kicked the guys out. Everyone started laughing hysterically and we still stood
Old 07-18-2007, 06:44 PM

delta,

Try moving to New York/Philly/Boston/Etc.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:00 PM

world cup semis, italy v ukr, we were like 4th row behind the goal and were standing at some point. some young aussies behind us started giving us [censored] to sit down. obv we're like [censored] yall.

strange bc otherwise, aussies were the most friendly and biggest partiers.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. A friend and I were standing and cheering after we had come back and tied the game with about 2 minutes left, at home, versus the Suns. When play resumed, like many others, we remained standing and cheering and were asked by the people behind us to sit down. We were in about the 15th row.

[/ QUOTE ]

the right play in these situations is to sit down after the first time they ask, and then stand back up 15 seconds later whenever the ball gets inbounded, turned over, etc, anything. after this they pretty much give up
Old 07-18-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are times to stand and there are times to sit. Sometimes even when YOU want to sit (it happens), you've just got to suck it up and stand up or shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]
This happens to me all the time at college bball games, and I think you nailed it. Sometimes you've just gotta stand. It wouldn't cross my mind to ask somebody who's way into the game to sit down.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year about halfway through the season all colts season ticket holders got a letter that told us not to stand up because it was inconsiderate to those behind us.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is insanely sick. They should write a letter telling all the fans to stand up and scream their heads off!

I am a Seahawks fan and luckily the section my season tickets are in stands and screams their heads off for the whole game. I never feel bad about standing. It makes me sick to see people sitting for the whole game, complaining about the noise, etc.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is insanely sick. They should write a letter telling all the fans to stand up and scream their heads off!

I am a Seahawks fan and luckily the section my season tickets are in stands and screams their heads off for the whole game. I never feel bad about standing. It makes me sick to see people sitting for the whole game, complaining about the noise, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a season ticket holder too, but in our section, it's not quite like yours. It's not dead, but generally they only stand up when the Hawks are on defense, which is ok by me

The only problem I had (vs the Colts in 05) when this fat bald guy and his gf were sitting right in front of us. The bald guy was directly in front of me and at the start of the game, he was jumping up and down on everplay while holding his arms high in the air, obstructing my view. I had to tell him to put his arms up not so high. He agreed, but the couple would then sit there and make out in front of the surrounding fans. Gross!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]