Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: SSNL study groups

yesterday i got crushed moving to 100nl for the thrid time in two weeks. i would def be down for a study group. videos, sweating, whatever. oh and i play mostly on UB.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:08 AM

great idea
i'm playin nl100 at ftp
Watching and discussing videos from several users might be a too extensive , but i'll be frank for everything.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the thing with the videos. It's a lot more time consuming to make the video, render it, upload it somewhere, download it, watch it, then comment versus a hand going down and then talking about it immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Casper was terrific in setting this up last time, however the videos were hard to make since lots of people don't have a mic or know how to use the software like camastasia. I would be up for sweating some sessions.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be up for this, videos may be better for me though as I mainly play on Crypto/iPoker, and due to being from the UK time zone difference's could be an issue

Edit: Just moved up to NL200

[/ QUOTE ]
I play Crypto too and would be up for some remote desktop sweating one another if you need a UK partner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play $1 on crypto too right now, and live in u.k- I am definately down for this. How to go about it though?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:47 AM

whoever sets this up is on a path to busto- it will drive you to drinking and giving away all your money. good luck.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whoever sets this up is on a path to busto- it will drive you to drinking and giving away all your money. good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

So everyone chips in for booze fund?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM

I'm down for this, only 3/5 people in our group made videos, and we still haven't actually went over them yet. This will probably be a lot easier, but I really feel sorry for anyone that volunteers to set it up.

If anybody wants to pm me, I would be willing to do this with like the first 1 or 2 people that get back to me. I play Stars 200nl and in the process of taking shots at 400nl. PM me your aim or something.

Actually, what would be really cool is if someone set up a Video/Sweat forum where people can post videos or request people to sweat them. How do we go about starting new forums?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:52 PM

ok, someone volunteer to be sweated. then one or two people volunteer to sweat and comment on whats going on. anyone else who wants to watch can watch, but too many people talking would get chaotic i think. i have no mic, so im out for now, but id love to watch/listen to some sessions.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM

I would be down for video sessions. I play 200 and 400NL on FT. I can walk people through Camtasia and get you the software.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:48 PM

I think the best way for this to work will be to just post here what your stakes are, where you play, and set up a partner via pm. Obviously this will be a situation where the more effort you put in the more you will get out of it, so I don't see why one person should be limited to sweating one person a week and going on a rotation, if someone wants to sweat/be sweated 3 times in a day, I say if he has the time more power to him.

That being said, I'm Jdub2k4 on Stars and you may have seen me donking around at NL100/NL200. PM me for a sweat session, I'd prefer if you have over 300 posts. My schedule is about as open as it could be.

Edit - I'd also prefer you had a mic because the experience I've had with sweating via aim is kinda cumbersome.