Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Random Bluff #2 from $1500 WSOP event

Generally I like this play, that is pretty much the perfect river card for you to continue your bluff and there is no doubt you are repping an overpair here.

The instaflop call definately looks like a draw but when he thinks so long on the turn decision then Im a bit more convinced that he probably just has a J. Since most players (live esp.) are instacalling a 7500 with 19500 in the pot on a flush draw even though they arent looking at the correct basic pot odds.

I think bluffing a diamond though is still suicidal since you have to give him some credit for holding a draw and therefore betting a diamond really makes your bet lose a lot of its credibility.

The main thing I dont like is the fact we dont know too much about this guy having been at the table about 20 hands therefore we cant be sure he is capable of folding any pair on this board (remembering top pair is ALWAYS good). Although at least one of his concerns is cashing so he might be too scared to call with anything for all his chips.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 AM

There is no way to predict how this guy's swirling juices of semirationalism will react to this one. It's really hard for a rational player to put you on a pure bluff here without some kind of read. If he's the tight/nitty type that has basic hand reading skillz, this line is fine because he'll realize that he only beats a bluff and will reach down and realize that he doesn't have any balls, so he folds.

If he's a standard middle aged guy who doesn't always know why he does what he does when he does it, he could just decide "I have AJ, he could be bluffing, I call." Even though AJ = 22 here.

Active postflop and 35 with hat and glasses talking about cashing sounds like type II. He has exactly AJ a ton here, and I don't know if he folds this hand 1/3 of the time. And you know what, neither does he.

I give up after the flop. The turn is only good if you intend to fire the river too, so it's kind of a no brainer at that point unless you get a specific read. I once played a hand exactly like this in a $500 tournament (Venetian deep stacks) where I had AK, the flop was Qxx, I bet the flop he calls quickly, I bet the turn he tanks and calls, I bet the river he calls with TT. Yes, it wasn't the WSOP but it's the same kind of guy. He really has to be thinking hard about the world series and the money to have a high chance of folding a jack here.

Hope it worked out.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 AM

i sure hope you don't have the ace of diamonds here.

his most likely hand is exactly AJ. if he has AdJ, then he knows you're not two barrelling a flush draw and firing a third with a whiff. with the Ad, I pretty much surrender.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 PM

I like the shove. I think if he wanted to get it in, he would have pushed on the turn. The bubbliness of the situation just makes it better.

I would fold preflop, but I've had bad experiences playing AQ UTG.

PS - I thought your other bluff was spewy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM

Results??
Old 07-17-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop, but I've had bad experiences playing AQ UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

eww, nit.

[ QUOTE ]
Results??

[/ QUOTE ]

he folded QQ face up pretty much instantly
Old 07-17-2007, 07:44 PM

I like your play if I have some read OMO.

Your opponent played this hand about as poorly as possible. He never once put in a reraise or raise and than he abandoned ship on the river. He talked himself into thinking that you had JJ, KK, or AA.

Bruce
Old 07-17-2007, 10:11 PM

nice bluff, and a good spot.

ps I have zero problem with how your opponent played his hand (other than folding face-up).
Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]

ps I have zero problem with how your opponent played his hand (other than folding face-up).

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, I agree... except for a) tanking on the turn, and b) wearing sunglasses. Both of these I wouldn't do.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:25 PM

How can you say that?

This is the opponents line with position: Call raise, call, call, fold. Seems pretty week tight to me.

MLG, don't think you would play Queens like that base on reading your posts.

Bruce