Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Almost in a bar fight and called a Racist!

I kind of was too. I could see her saying, can I talk to you on my break, I'm at work now. But it's hard to apologize, and even if you don't quite believe it, if the apology seems sincere, it can be a good idea to respect the attempt. I don't think you have to totally forgive someone to accept their apology.

I could see myself saying "f*ck off" at first, then a week later going, "You know what, I was still pretty pissed when you came to apologize last week. It's not easy to turn around your feelings overnight. So I pushed you away because I just didn't want to hear from you. I'm still not feeling great about what happened. But I realize everyone can make a mistake, and that it takes guts to try to apologize for one. So I respect that you tried. A lot of people wouldn't have had the guts to try. And I accept your apology. Why don't we just start over and give each other a fair chance, okay?"

I've done pretty much that a time or two. Seems to go over okay, and only the truly meanest SOB's would like to hold a grudge forever. That the dude tried to apologize already shows that he's not one of those. So maybe when your wife's emotions settle down a bit, she can treat the matter as not yet settled and talk to the guy again when she sees him next.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't call 911 to get a rude/drunk/mental case removed from a bar. 911 is for emergencies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if you don't have the local PD's number, what are you supposed to do? I don't imagine that 911 is so overwhelmed with calls that they can't handle a simple dispatch.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:07 AM

You're wrong there.

And there's a police non-emergency number that you're supposed to use, at least in the cities I know. 911 is for emergencies only.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:15 AM

Having grown up in Montana, calling 911 in this situation isn't a problem. All the police do for the most part is give speeding tickets, bust underage drinkers, watch for DUIs, and bust up domestic violence problems. They are not very busy.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:19 AM

Only if you want to be in a fight. This gentleman already has a chip on his shoulder about being a Native American and could be looking for a fight ran into more than a few of those in college.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only if you want to be in a fight. This gentleman already has a chip on his shoulder about being a Native American and could be looking for a fight ran into more than a few of those in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I guess he shouldn't have offered him a glass of fire water and a puff on the peace pipe.

Edit: To clarify, if someone who wasn't of some race that I'd ever heard of there being negative stereotypes of pulled the race card, I think I'd have a hard time not laughing at the guy. Maybe there is a pretty long list of stereotypes for native americans or whatever, but I don't know of any.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, about 10:00pm or so this guy walks in and from the moment he hit the door is a rude a-hole. Just rubbing people the wrong way and trying to be a big man hotshot. He was immediatly rude to my wife while he was first ordering drinks and I talked to him a little while later while he was up at the bar about being nice to her and that she was my wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter that she's your wife. She's working. How about letting her handle it? I swear, spouses and b/fs or g/fs shouldn't be allowed at work.

Unless he gets physical, stay out of it.

b
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, about 10:00pm or so this guy walks in and from the moment he hit the door is a rude a-hole. Just rubbing people the wrong way and trying to be a big man hotshot. He was immediatly rude to my wife while he was first ordering drinks and I talked to him a little while later while he was up at the bar about being nice to her and that she was my wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter that she's your wife. She's working. How about letting her handle it? I swear, spouses and b/fs or g/fs shouldn't be allowed at work.

Unless he gets physical, stay out of it.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

So that was you?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well if you don't have the local PD's number, what are you supposed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Directory assistance would be a good start. Or Page One of the phone book.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't imagine that 911 is so overwhelmed with calls that they can't handle a simple dispatch.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what everybody thinks. That's why 911 operators are buried under an avalanche of calls that cover everything from, "Burger King won't make my burger right!", to "How long should I cook my turkey?" and "I need help getting the ice off my windshield."

I just know that some day, I'm going to have a loved one in mortal danger, and I'm going to get a busy signal because somebody got lost and called 911 to get directions.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:22 AM

If you don't work there stay out of it unless he's physically threatening her.