Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: O/T (sigh), getting back in the ring at micro, again

Put in 1k. Play 2/4 6max run hot and move up to 3/6 when you have 2k. Forget about full ring above 1/2. Games are terrible. More fish at 6max. Anyone with half a brain can make 20USD/100 hands at 5/10 when you include rb. The trick is to get the roll.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:49 PM

damn peoples have gots some memories. I was playing about 1/2 and taking stabs at 2/4 underrolled, another problem. I liked to play 6 max, but I have the feeling the lessons I learned here, in SSHE, and TOP I missapplyed badly to 6 max. Either too aggro with marginal hands at points, or not puttin in my money when I had an edge I didn't see, etc. I'm probably going to end up putting in 600 and playing 1/2 FR, moving down to .5/1 at 400 or so, and moving up to 2/4 at 1200, which would take a while unless I run hotz. When I want to get a feel again for 6max, I will start at the .25/.50. Sound kosher?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn peoples have gots some memories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Benny...I mostly remember your av. Where are you in school? Hollywood Park is LA.

[ QUOTE ]
Sound kosher?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I've gotta ask: You've been around...why are you asking us this? It's like asking whether you should move down when you're in a downswing, etc., exclusively a question of balancing your resources against your risk tolerance, and all we know about is the first.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 PM

I know, the avatar comes at the price of never being remembered for the content of your posts, rather the hotness and frequency of gyrations of Selma Hayek.

LMU.

To have my peers tell me their honest opinions to a simple question. My risk tolerance is the worst kind. I always get too tired of the low limits too quickly, but once at a higher level, begin to lose the ability to make the correct decision because I know that a BI lost is anywhere from 1/10 to 1/4 of my roll. Imagine someone who has the ability to see the correct playing decisions most of the time with the BR management of the avg. BBVer.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. I play summer lacrosse down there on weekends.

As for your question, my point was that you know the answer and so my only conclusion is that you're looking for the hand-holding that Micros is so well known for [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Given your self-description, don't push it too hard; scared money is lost money.