Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Is this a good proposal ??

[ QUOTE ]
She's not a shy girl she likes center of attention on the other hand I'm the shy person to get infront of an audience but I'm willing to do this.... what do you all think ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This part is what makes this good. The fact that you are doing something that is hard for you will mean a lot to her. Even if it comes off as a bit corny, she won't care.

And it doesn't sound like there will be undue pressure on her given your circumstances.

As an aside, it continues to baffle me that some people believe having kids with a person is less of a commitment than marrying him/her.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:57 PM

I approve
Old 07-16-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel they're terribly overrated and put the girl under a terrible crapload of pressure. Her choice is basically, say yes, or be the spotlighted public bad guy. Not fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say what's wrong with a crapload of pressure? He should propose in public and make her say yes. It's been 8 years and 3 kids for heaven's sake. What are they waiting for?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:32 AM

Is not like that thoug she wants to get married, I'm the one that took this long.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:38 AM

Thanks,, this is the best answer I've seen so far... I get different advices for different people... See some people hear are saying that she's being pressured but that's not true she's been pressuring me to marry her but I just would not... Truth is that I don't believe in divorces & I wanted to get everyting out of my system before I marry someone.. I do love this girl & been with her for 8 years & I'm not marrying ber becuase I feel it time I'm doing it because I got everything out of my systed you all know what I mean. I'm ready to be with one person & one person only for the rest of my life..
Old 07-17-2007, 01:24 PM

This is a most unusual situation. I'm pretty confused about the whole thing. If you're willing to live with someone for 8 years and bring 3 kids into the world what's so scary about marriage?

My experience has been that men can be somewhat slow in this area. You may think you're finally ready (gotten everything out of your system, good to go) just as she is starting to get really fed up and wanting to explore. Hopefully that's not the case here.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 PM

you know what I never thought about that but you're absoltely right.. Now you have me thinking [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
I'm 110% positive that she would love for me to propose we're basically married now with three kids... we even call each other husband & wife now because it's emerassing introducing each other with the kids next us saying "Oh meet my girlfried or vise a versa".
Old 07-17-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Truth is that I don't believe in divorces & I wanted to get everyting out of my system before I marry someone.. I do love this girl & been with her for 8 years & I'm not marrying ber becuase I feel it time I'm doing it because I got everything out of my systed you all know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

No, I don't know what you mean.

Unless you mean that you've been out tomcatting around on your lover of 8 years and the mother of your children, in which case, you don't deserve to marry her.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM

And you may say you "don't believe in divorce"...but it's perfectly fine to have kids with someone you haven't married?

Seriously, how can a loving parent bring multiple children into a relationship, if the parent doesn't have enough faith in that relationship to commit to it and give the kids and the mother some security?