Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: What is my play here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any pair, flush draw, or oop peel with overs (which is why we bet more on flop)
if he c/r's turn then you're done

[/ QUOTE ]

I like what you are saying. Instead of checking the turn and losing control of the pot there i can essentially lose less if I am beat by putting out a 3/4s pot bet and be done with it after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to call here since you played it so passively. As played I would bet the turn instead of checking.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like what you are saying. Instead of checking the turn and losing control of the pot there i can essentially lose less if I am beat by putting out a 3/4s pot bet and be done with it after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to call here since you played it so passively. As played I would bet the turn instead of checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know as played I should be calling, but what I was saying to his post is, if I am going to be calling a pot sized bet on the river anyway, why not just bet the turn with a 3/4s pot bet and be down with it. If I am beat he will most likly check raise of bet out on the river. Either way I am commiting 25% less money to see if I have the best hand.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know as played I should be calling, but what I was saying to his post is, if I am going to be calling a pot sized bet on the river anyway, why not just bet the turn with a 3/4s pot bet and be down with it. If I am beat he will most likly check raise of bet out on the river. Either way I am commiting 25% less money to see if I have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, isn't this basic poker? They're two different lines to take and I prefer betting the turn.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:57 PM

Wish I would have done that saved myself a little money. He flipped over 88. I almost folded, but from the way I played the hand he could of had so many hands that he thought were good there, so i decided to call.