Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Phil Ivey too busto for Whitelime??

"Go wake up Emil, go wake up Emil, go wake up Emil."
Old 07-15-2007, 06:59 AM

Yep, whitelime was pretty much being a [censored] sucking douchebag when I was watching earlier, calling Ivey and fish and what not. Said something about playing til one of them is bust. lol.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:00 AM

What Ivey said about Whitelime telling Ivey they were gonna start a new table to ditch the 150k one is completely true.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What Ivey said about Whitelime telling Ivey they were gonna start a new table to ditch the 150k one is completely true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I dont see how Whitelime can ask Ivey to reload.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These internet idiots are gigantic douches...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in the Rio, whitelime walked by me and some people sweating a table. I said "hey, Emil" and he just walked by, which I assumed meant he hadn't heard. A couple days later my friend and I said hi to whitelime while he was playing chinese, to wish him good luck and just be friendly. He completely ignored us and then just scowled at me and turned away. Maybe it was an off day, but yeah wtf. I've never had any problems with the guy or have been anything but friendly ion the occasions in the past that I've talked to him. I mean, years ago he used to sell me magic cards online, lol. It was incredibly insulting.

It was very douchebaggy, but I shouldn't talk [censored] over a possible misunderstanding and I've certainly pissed people off in the past. I would appreciate a response though

-Jeff
Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend and I said hi to whitelime while he was playing chinese here in Vegas after meeting him once before, to wish him good luck and just be friendly. He completely ignored us and then just scowled at me and turned away. Maybe it was an off day, but yeah wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? When did this happen? Maybe I didn't recognize you or something...
Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 AM

For the record:

I have no idea why Dean even posted this and pretty much everyone who knows me will vouch that I am on the humble side.

Table chat was banter, and not disrespectful. Saying "let's play till one of us busts the other" is not rude and I guarantee you Phil did not interpret it as so. We are obv just joking around.

Lastly, I have no ethical issues with only playing in games I want to play in, with stack sizes I want to play with, etc.

I can ask Phil to reload whenever I want. It's his choice whether or not he does so. If he doesn't want to play/reload that's fine. If he doesn't want to play b/c he thinks it's ethically wrong for me to leave a table where we are 400 bb's deep at $200/400nl, fine. It's not like I'm forcing him to play. To each his own. I have no ethical issues only playing in games I want/with stack sizes I want.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend and I said hi to whitelime while he was playing chinese here in Vegas after meeting him once before, to wish him good luck and just be friendly. He completely ignored us and then just scowled at me and turned away. Maybe it was an off day, but yeah wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? When did this happen? Maybe I didn't recognize you or something...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah he's the guy that tries to look like antonious
Old 07-15-2007, 07:58 AM

when they both had huge stacks and Whitlime asked to move...

why didn't he just go south - leave and sit back with $40k?
Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record:

I have no idea why Dean even posted this and pretty much everyone who knows me will vouch that I am on the humble side.

Table chat was banter, and not disrespectful. Saying "let's play till one of us busts the other" is not rude and I guarantee you Phil did not interpret it as so. We are obv just joking around.

Lastly, I have no ethical issues with only playing in games I want to play in, with stack sizes I want to play with, etc.

I can ask Phil to reload whenever I want. It's his choice whether or not he does so. If he doesn't want to play/reload that's fine. If he doesn't want to play b/c he thinks it's ethically wrong for me to leave a table where we are 400 bb's deep at $200/400nl, fine. It's not like I'm forcing him to play. To each his own. I have no ethical issues only playing in games I want/with stack sizes I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also don't find anything unethical about only giving action with the level of deepness that you feel comfortable with.

I think many people will interpret this the wrong way because maybe they think Dean is staying with you/sweating you and made this post as a "haha we rule ivey drools" sort of way.