Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Friday the 13th at Bay 101 (Trip Report - long)

[ QUOTE ]
More of you bay area micro-folk should come out for the next one. It really isn't as scary as you might expect. I'm busto and just decide to get drunk, bravos is a total nit who only talks about the high rollers he's met, Adam doesn't actually 3-bet 64s like he pretends to in his posts and well Buzz thankfully doesn't wear socks with his sandals. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

All lies..

well except me being a nit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 02:20 PM

C'mon guys. Everyone knows that trs are useless without mspaint.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon guys. Everyone knows that trs are useless without mspaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, wtf buzz? I can't believe you were at a micro meet up and weren't armed with your digital camera.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:55 PM

Bravos,

15:1 is where I'll start to consider chasing a two outer given implied odds. You have to have a decent cast of characters with you (willing to bet for you to c/r, and the more the merrier), but 4 BB (8 SB) is possible to make up.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bravos,

15:1 is where I'll start to consider chasing a two outer given implied odds. You have to have a decent cast of characters with you (willing to bet for you to c/r, and the more the merrier), but 4 BB (8 SB) is possible to make up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem here though is I am HU now and not sure I can make up that many bets against this guy.

This guy was a tard, and I make the call against him quite often. Me calling myself a fish was just in jest really..
Old 07-16-2007, 01:42 AM

I will try to fill in some gaps here...

Eric & I meet up for dinner with the families, and we come over to his new house to find it in shambles. The kitchen stove is in the family room. His walls are painted with multiple colors. There are pigeons in the pool! During dinner, he proceeds to tell a number of horror stories over problems they've encountered since moving in. I drop my family off, where we are staying conveniently near Bay101, add our names..yada yada..

to clarify some things:

when we got pulled into the new 3/6 game, I am sitting at seat 9 and there is a post-it that says "Leo" and I say to the dealer, "uh can I sit here?" He kind of shrugs and says "leo" back to me, so I think I said, jokingly "I can be Leo if you like." and he nods or something. So...Leo the guy came later and was pissed or something.

On the 44 hand I thought I was making a pretty good equity raise in the BB after 7 limpers, but Shillx thought it was gross?

The straddle hand goes like this: Hero straddles, several players cold call the straddle, it gets back to hero who checks his option w/ 64o. Flop is like KT7, and Hero proceeds to check/fold....so I saw a flop--isn't that an improvement??

Here is the line-up:
Seat 1: bad/short kid, folds postflop too much in big pots
seat2: Adam (AKA AK13) (early in the game), super solidish. playing short, straddles a lot. gets lucky when straddling, otherwise not
Seat3: bad older guy, who is seeing a lot of flops and NOT getting lucky, buys in like 10 times
Seat4: Sammy Farha's funny, but extremely unlucky 2nd cousin once-removed. His famous quotes are "No! more! diamond!" as well as, "beek blind speshal!" while checking his BB option, literally on Adam's button with two chips (see graphic below). We'll call him chipper.
Seat5: I forget this person--went busto early and Adam moved to his spot.
Seat6: quiet LPP mexican, getting extremely lucky limping a lot, hitting flop, calling 2 cold, catching two pair / trips on turn FTW
Seat7: quiet lady, but wow totally awesome, like 90/0/2 donks like every flop w/made hand, gutshot, etc, but raise actually means business.
Seat8: tightish passive guy, (although sometimes he c/r at the right time) not very decent though, used to work for Cisco
Seat9: your Hero

Early on I hadn't much of a read on Chipper except that he was quite gregarious, generally loose. Hero receives A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K:spade, and after a limper, raises it up. there are maybe 1-2 cold callers, and Chipper 3-bets in SB, comes back to Hero who caps, and all call. I think it's 4 or 5-handed. Flop is AQx 4-handed. Cisco c/cs flop & blank turn, and c/r a blank non-3flush river, and I am thinking like wtf is this QQ or AQ? There is still another player here giving some overlay, and the pot his huge so I call. Cisco turns over AK for the chop. OK...

I get something like AQ and flop Qxx 2 spades. I bet flop & trn and river is 3rd spade, where I am HU in position vs cisco. I weakly c/c and he takes it down with teh flush. Then, Quiet Lady says to Cisco, "you called with a flush draw on the turn? wow I usually fold if I don't make it there." and he responds "I make my call in the flop to see two cards." and she nods, "oh I see." wow, like WTF in so many ways???

I get red aces in middle position and raise, there are 5 to a flop, which goes like: 568, 2 spades. checks to me, I bet flop, new guy raises, Bad Older Guy cold calls, and folds to me, I call. 3 to a turn which is th 4 of spades, bad older guy donks. I instamuck.

After my pattern mapper 44 hand, I get A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB, and raise after 4-5 limpers, flop is Q-high, rainbow, and I bet & get 1 caller--Cisco. Turn is a blank spade, so now I have a flush draw to go with my top pair. River is K-not-spade, and I bet and Cisco calls, turning over A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Like W.T.F. On the turn he was drawing to a 2-outer. oh my garsh!

I hear about Brad's nut flush owned by straight flush, and of course, puke.

In another hand, Adam gets T9 in the BB vs LPP mexican's JT, where the flop is TT7. Action goes: adam bets, mexican guy raises, adam 3-bets, MG calls. Turn & river brick...each round: bet, call...

I get K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG and pop it, like 3-4 cc'ers including blinds (Quiet Lady, Cisco). Flop is KJT(r) and Quiet Lady donks, Cisco calls, I raise my TP+OESD, bad older guy calls 2 cold, folds to QL and she 3-bets, Cisco drops out, and I call, along with bad older guy. On the turn blank, she bets her last 5 chips (5/6BB) all-in, and I call along with bad older guy. River is a blank, which I check (Adam appropriately berates me for not value betting vs Bad Older Guy.) Quiet Lady turns over her hand showing AQ for the flopped nuts. d'oh!

My QQ vs AQ flop Axx hand capped preflop I was +1BB before that hand and -1BB after I folded to the flop bet, so I was in much better shape than Adam or Brad.

We are getting tired, and my back is aching lol. Adam is surprised to hear I am a professor, and I am suprised to hear that Adam hasn't played online in like 2 years (wtf, rreally?)

uh yeah ben this is all i could come up with
Old 07-16-2007, 12:34 PM

I forgot about that hand where I had T9. That was crappy [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] .

ROFL @ beek blind special and Sammy Farha's cousin lol. You actually found a picture that kinda resembles him too. hahahah

I was surprised you were a prof because typically professors, especially chem ones, are too conservative to GAMBOOOL.

And yeah, I haven't played online in about 2 years. I sweat my friends who still play sometimes or mess around on their accounts (very very occasionally) but for the most part I've been just learning from playing cash games or watching others and reading the forums.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised you were a prof because typically professors, especially chem ones, are too conservative to GAMBOOOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I get red aces in middle position and raise, there are 5 to a flop, which goes like: 568, 2 spades. checks to me, I bet flop, new guy raises, Bad Older Guy cold calls, and folds to me, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

also, btw buzz, the pfr with 44 is gross because you kill your implied odds and especially because you are oop.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:47 PM

So you fold to the flop c/r or reraise? I think it's like 15:1 or something coming back to me, and almost closing. That is an automatic call online.

What do you think about c/r that K4x 2-diamond flop after luckboxing the 44? I'm like 95% certain that someone will bet, and it most likely comes probably come from Quiet lady.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:56 PM

Nice reports, guys.