Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Card Player coverage

[ QUOTE ]
from a pokerwire blog
--------------
"Excuse me, but we have an important message...especially for members of the media."

That's never a good thing to hear when you're covering an event. Unfortunately, about five minutes after I walked into the Amazon Room today, Nolan Dalla made that exact statement over the PA system. I knew that if it was anything other than "new sandwich added to media center craft services table," it couldn't be good news.

Well, lets just say that my options of turkey, ham and cheese, and tuna fish didn't change. Instead, Nolan informed us that anyone with a lavender press badge (which includes me and about 95% of the poker media) would, from this point on in the tournament, need to wait in line for a black badge which would allow us 15 minutes inside the ropes. Once the allotted time expired, said media would have to get back in line for another badge.
-----------

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's utter crap. What sporting event hinders reporters from doing their job?

I would imagine any event would want as much media coverage as possible.

What a bunch of retards...