Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Most respected live NL grinder?

You mean to tell us that playing solid in the live games is smart, Haralabos? Shocker.

By the way, here is what Brandon Adams said about Kenny Tran in a recent blog post:

[ QUOTE ]
I think Kenny lost but it should have been a great game for him. I have incredible respect for Brian's game (I think that in three years he'll be one of the top ten overall poker players in the world), but in a live game I would take Kenny anyday. The reads that Kenny makes on a day in, day out basis are simply unbelievable. I have never played with anyone who reads players better than Kenny and picking up a read on him is impossible (Jason Strasser once said something like, "In my next life, I hope I'm as calm as Kenny Tran.")

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.alwaysbluff.com/blog/bran...o-at-bellagio/
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 PM

Whitewash,

What about Avo? Did he/his game fall off?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean to tell us that playing solid in the live games is smart, Haralabos? Shocker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand the point of your post, yes I think that playing solid is smart, I also think that water is wet.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:59 PM

I was being sarcastic, referring to how live players give so much action that it is not suprising a lot of the biggest winners play a tighter, very solid style.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:15 AM

Travis Pearson as far as Las Vegas locals go.

Devo
Old 07-13-2007, 07:59 AM

Ive played with Kenny and Thaler live and Alei online all are good solid players. Kenny seemed like he was in the zone the entire time always taking his time to make accurate reads and decisions and was good at making the game seem friendly to keep the fish happy.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd stake Aba to play either 1 of those 3.

I think that says more for the respect I have for Aba's though.

[/ QUOTE ]

A more interesting question is who you would take in some sort of cross-booking bet for a session at a full, live NLHE table against opponents who you don't know in advance. There must exist some pairs of players where you would take one in that sort of bet but the other for staking in a heads-up match.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:02 PM

i think kenny may be on a different level - but i am unabashed fanboy. can't really put your finger on it but always seems to make the correct decision. unflappable. insane live reads. good table presence. i think prob less nitty than the other two - certainly less nitty than thaler. pretty imaginative for a guy who seems to project abc image. and like i haven't played with him in a year or more - and others who have seem to think he keeps improving.

played some with thaler - just super solid from my experience - which is by no means an insult takes a lot of discpiline. uh seemed to show up in commerce games rarely but always on nights when i was playing hammered - that's pretty pro right there.

alaei played kind of weird/weak on hsp, but perhaps mistake to judge just on that? i dunno just seemed to make errors in super standard spots - i remember rumors on here of perhaps scared money at the time? no idea if ever substantiated but that would provide pretty good excuse anyway. i've certainly heard people i respect say he is quite good.

some young ballers must have played with all of them this month?

also brandon adams pls share opinions on these 3.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about Avo?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? from la? king of all setminers?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think kenny may be on a different level - but i am unabashed fanboy. can't really put your finger on it but always seems to make the correct decision. unflappable. insane live reads. good table presence. i think prob less nitty than the other two - certainly less nitty than thaler. pretty imaginative for a guy who seems to project abc image. and like i haven't played with him in a year or more - and others who have seem to think he keeps improving.

played some with thaler - just super solid from my experience - which is by no means an insult takes a lot of discpiline. uh seemed to show up in commerce games rarely but always on nights when i was playing hammered - that's pretty pro right there.

alaei played kind of weird/weak on hsp, but perhaps mistake to judge just on that? i dunno just seemed to make errors in super standard spots - i remember rumors on here of perhaps scared money at the time? no idea if ever substantiated but that would provide pretty good excuse anyway. i've certainly heard people i respect say he is quite good.

some young ballers must have played with all of them this month?

also brandon adams pls share opinions on these 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 2 I thought he played awesome but season 3 I dont think he was on his A game