Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Results

Well, sort of.

Truth is, I didn't three-bet. I called the turn checkraise, and called the river when an offsuit nine slid off. He had the winner with KJo.

(Incidentally, I think the last two hands I've posted have been ones where I posted one action but in real life actually did something else. I promise that I won't do that all the time.)

Anyway, back to the hand. Afterward, I felt like if I was going to call the turn and river anyway, why not three-bet?

It works very much like a free showdown raise, with me checking behind on the river unless I hit my straight. The downside is that I can't fold to a four-bet, but that is somewhat balanced by getting an extra bet when I hit my straight on the river. I also don't think I'm getting four-bet very often here, unless the opponent is aggressive or I've been playing really recklessly.

If he's drawing to just overs, I am happy to charge him to do that. The pot is smallish, but not so small that I don't mind him throwing his six-out hand away.

There's also some small chance he mucks a five or a six or even, say, pocket nines, but that is fairly negligible and it doesn't really factor in to whether the play is any good or not.

More comments obviously welcome.

-McGee