Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Instant Gratification (long with CN)

lol Protestantworkethicaments.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Protestantworkethicaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know when people started thinking lolaments was ok in OOT again

i don't care how much weber you've read, i possess the monopoly on the legitimate means of coercion up in this bitch
Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every soul seeketh an object and cherisheth a desire, and day and night striveth to attain its aim. One craveth riches, another thirsteth for glory and still another yearneth for fame, for art, for prosperity and the like. Yet finally all are doomed to loss and disappointment. One and all they leave behind them all that is theirs and empty-handed hasten to the realm beyond, and all their labours shall be in vain. To dust they all return, denuded, depressed, disheartened and in utter despair.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF you ripped me right off, Slater!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every soul seeketh an object and cherisheth a desire, and day and night striveth to attain its aim. One craveth riches, another thirsteth for glory and still another yearneth for fame, for art, for prosperity and the like. Yet finally all are doomed to loss and disappointment. One and all they leave behind them all that is theirs and empty-handed hasten to the realm beyond, and all their labours shall be in vain. To dust they all return, denuded, depressed, disheartened and in utter despair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that an Anacardo original? I remember you posting it in a thread and I copy and pasted it and put it in my notepad under my favorite quotes. But I just assumed you were posting something from the Bible. If not, goddamn that is an awesome piece of writing.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that an Anacardo original? I remember you posting it in a thread and I copy and pasted it and put it in my notepad under my favorite quotes. But I just assumed you were posting something from the Bible. If not, goddamn that is an awesome piece of writing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the Bible, but it is a kind of scripture. Baha'i writings. It impresses the hell out of me, too, so I'm glad you like it.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 PM

NT-

You're probably right. My seat in hell is warm and reserved just for me. I'll shove it all up my a$$ when the time is right. I think you might be exactly right here. I don't look down upon him for living the life he's living though. I just wonder if it's the best long term scenario.

[ QUOTE ]
i think there is a special circle of hell reserved for OPs posting about their friends or family members who can't seem to 'improve' themselves or live up to someone else's expectations... does it make you guys feel better about yourselves to look down on people living their lives as they choose? do you not have enough of your own decisions to make? [censored] christ, holy [censored] shove it up your [censored] [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-10-2007, 06:55 PM

the censored word isn't ass, ass isn't censored

hint: it starts with 'see' and ends with 'you next tuesday'
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM

I apologize for my suckiness NT. But I felt that was the best way of expressing my disdain for the Protestant work ethic. John Calvin was an a$$hole.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 PM

it's not about savings or assets.

it's about being happy.

everyone goes through bouts of depression, but if he's overall happy, leave it alone.

and i can think of a lot of people i know who have savings, a home, nice cars, and are very well off- but they're miserable.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:12 PM

NT-

Thanks! I'll be sure to shove it up my Cun t!