Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: TPGK not much worth here?

Raise preflop.

At the first glance, I tend to 3-bet. MP1s raise might just be a way to protect a weak top pair. Many players wait for the turn to raise with trips, so MP1s peculiar bet probably means a weaker hand than the one he represents. He is trying to knock you and CO out of the hand here. SB is no worry; even though c-betting into 4 players is spewing here, many players do it anyways whether they hit the flop or not. (Just be aware that SB might hold AK and have you dominated.)

However, calling is also a strong option. By doing this, you plan to raise the turn here. A 3-bet on the flop will only knock out players that you have badly beaten, and flush draws and those with a king call anyways. Gutshots calling 2 bets cold make a mistake anyways, so it doesn't matter whether you 3-bet or not. It will not protect on the flop, but if SB calls the raise and checks to MP1 who bets again on the turn, your raise will be much more effective. You then lay 1:5.5 odds to the field, which protects your hand from weak draws in this large pot. Your fear that someone holds a ten is okay, but folding a potentially best hand in a large pot is a mistake. As SSHE states, maximize your chance to win the pot when it is large. If you face another two bets on the flop after you called, however, it'd fold.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 PM

At the first glance, I tend to 3-bet. MP1s raise might just be a way to protect a weak top pair. Many players wait for the turn to raise with trips, so MP1s peculiar bet probably means a weaker hand than the one he represents. He is trying to knock you and CO out of the hand here. SB is no worry; even though c-betting into 4 players is spewing here, many players do it anyways whether they hit the flop or not. (Just be aware that SB might hold AK and have you dominated.)
Old 07-10-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this without a second of hesitation and pass on to the next hand. Being sandwiched is no fun at all.

"3-bet to see where I am"? Beyond spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting should have absoultely nothing to do with "seeing where i am".

and folding this right away is weak tight. im not saying 3 betting is right, but folding is def wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just what JJack suggested.

So, if folding is wrong and 3-betting is not right, you call this down to the river? What are you drawing to, if you're behind? The Q completes a straight for AJ and J9, they have to be discounted. With the K filling up you chop most likely.

MP1 says with his raise: "Well SB, I don't give a [censored] about you pfr'ing and representing AA, KK, AK with your bet. My hand is stronger." And he's not closing the action, so if he's not holding a T, he will get raised by one anyway.

Is it correct to believe there's only a smaller K out against us? No way you'll rake this pot.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:11 PM

I don't think folding is as bad as may be suggested. I'm also not thrilled about the 3-bet.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:14 PM

Lol at people who say to fold, I 3-bet this flop every day.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Well, im in the fold club, but with players who are better than me suggesting at least call, i guess i need to start calling and see where it gets me. Good post, btw.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM

Thanks.

Having seen some cases where villains showdown nothing after similar situations, I figured I need to learn something here.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:07 PM

well about folding or 3betting about if we add: 3bet if flop raiser is agreesif typ and fold if flop raiser is usually passif?

if no read then ill 3 bet since agressif play usually wins more thne passif unless i face a cap flop and bet on turn then i fold...
Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this without a second of hesitation and pass on to the next hand. Being sandwiched is no fun at all.

"3-bet to see where I am"? Beyond spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting should have absoultely nothing to do with "seeing where i am".

and folding this right away is weak tight. im not saying 3 betting is right, but folding is def wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just what JJack suggested.

So, if folding is wrong and 3-betting is not right, you call this down to the river? What are you drawing to, if you're behind? The Q completes a straight for AJ and J9, they have to be discounted. With the K filling up you chop most likely.

MP1 says with his raise: "Well SB, I don't give a [censored] about you pfr'ing and representing AA, KK, AK with your bet. My hand is stronger." And he's not closing the action, so if he's not holding a T, he will get raised by one anyway.

Is it correct to believe there's only a smaller K out against us? No way you'll rake this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt say call down all the way regardless of the action. and i'm not calling b/c we're drawing - rather, b/c there is a decent chance we now have the best hand. we have KJ beat and there are several hands that the PFR could have that we beat as well. in fact, if the PFR does not 3 bet this flop I'd say it's at leats 50/50 that we're ahead.

if we call this flop, the pfr 3 bets and it gets capped (presumably by a T) then i fold the flop.

there are a lot of draws out there as well. by calling we can evaluate the action on the turn and fold if it's two bets to us, because presumably then someone has the T or hit a draw.

as montrealcrop pointed out, we can also consider raising an MP1 bet for a free showdown on the turn, and folding to a threebet.