Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Is Kos Leaking?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on how tight your pf range was before you started opening up recently, maybe your opponents are giving your raises too much respect, hence little action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to PFR only about 6.5% of the time. In the last six weeks, it's shot up to over 8%. I've had quite a few sessions lately where I've run 15/13. I think that's probably a good thing, though I guess it's possible that those raises with hands like 77 (where I used to limp if someone else had already limped in) are causing some junk hands to fold. Does anyone think running ~14/9 is worse for profits than 14/7?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody would ever tell you that 14/9 would be worse as a general strategy than 14/7. So I take it you virtually never open limp and start to punish limpers mainly from the CO and Button?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM

Most of your profits come from postflop.

I think you can loosen up on the button and still be a tight player. The added situations should be of speculative/exploitive nature.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take it you virtually never open limp and start to punish limpers mainly from the CO and Button?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's correct.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can loosen up on the button and still be a tight player. The added situations should be of speculative/exploitive nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past, I had heard that your UTG VP$IP should be about 60% of your overall number, and the button should be about 2.5x the UTG number. I'm only at about double it right now...should I be shooting for a 25ish VP$IP from the button?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past, I had heard that your UTG VP$IP should be about 60% of your overall number, and the button should be about 2.5x the UTG number. I'm only at about double it right now...should I be shooting for a 25ish VP$IP from the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a bit too general for me to really answer. However, you should love your button and caress it gently. My VPIP is a lot higher.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a bit too general for me to really answer. However, you should love your button and caress it gently. My VPIP is a lot higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play anything on the button that I feel is playable, but I'm a nit, so I don't like very many hands. What's your overall VP$IP vs. button VP$IP?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play anything on the button that I feel is playable, but I'm a nit, so I don't like very many hands. What's your overall VP$IP vs. button VP$IP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it is 21 vs 35(or something like that). My laptop went down a week ago and I have yet to get my data off of it so this is guessing. My VPIP on the button may actually be higher.

I think my EP stats are fairly close to yours. I think they are only 1-2 percent higher.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 PM

You are at least completing more hands from the SB than you are playing from the button. This looks strange.

It appears that there are some huge outliers in your sample. Position 3 should not be negative. It is more likely that Position 3 and Position 1 are out of line profit wise as oppossed to all the other positions. I think you need to look at the specific hands that were the biggest losers in these positions.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM

Ultimately you are probably leaking somewhere; we all are. However, this isn't enough to tell. I, and others, can only give general advice and general advice is generally not good enough(yep, that was planned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Perhaps try the session reviews! These can be a great aid in finding general leaks.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are at least completing more hands from the SB than you are playing from the button. This looks strange.

It appears that there are some huge outliers in your sample. Position 3 should not be negative. It is more likely that Position 3 and Position 1 are out of line profit wise as oppossed to all the other positions. I think you need to look at the specific hands that were the biggest losers in these positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. My button requirements are very similar to my SB completion requirements, so this does seem very, very weird.

Position 3 is negative, but I think it's simply a small sample size problem. I ran into an overset 125 BB deep, and I lost an AIPF 81/19 there.

Position 1 is low for three reasons: had to fold AA deep vs. a station when he overbet a 4-to-a-straight river, JJ ran into AA vs. a MP limp/caller (WTF?), and I paid off a limp/caller with TPQK (he limped from 2nd position with AK). If you take out those loses (which appear to all be "flukes" and not position-dependent), it's up to ~$325...not great, but better.

You guys that have 30-35 VP$IP from the button...are you limping with hands like K3s or Q8? What are the absolute trashiest hands you're playing OTB?

[ QUOTE ]
Ultimately you are probably leaking somewhere; we all are. However, this isn't enough to tell. I, and others, can only give general advice and general advice is generally not good enough(yep, that was planned ).

Perhaps try the session reviews! These can be a great aid in finding general leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right...I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something major, and other than the button VP$IP, it doesn't look like there's anything. I think I just worry too much about these streaks sometimes. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. My button requirements are very similar to my SB completion requirements, so this does seem very, very weird.

Position 3 is negative, but I think it's simply a small sample size problem. I ran into an overset 125 BB deep, and I lost an AIPF 81/19 there.

Position 1 is low for three reasons: had to fold AA deep vs. a station when he overbet a 4-to-a-straight river, JJ ran into AA vs. a MP limp/caller (WTF?), and I paid off a limp/caller with TPQK (he limped from 2nd position with AK). If you take out those loses (which appear to all be "flukes" and not position-dependent), it's up to ~$325...not great, but better.

You guys that have 30-35 VP$IP from the button...are you limping with hands like K3s or Q8? What are the absolute trashiest hands you're playing OTB?

[ QUOTE ]
Ultimately you are probably leaking somewhere; we all are. However, this isn't enough to tell. I, and others, can only give general advice and general advice is generally not good enough(yep, that was planned ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right...I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something major, and other than the button VP$IP, it doesn't look like there's anything. I think I just worry too much about these streaks sometimes. Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will play ATC on the button if the variables all line up. K3s is not really a bad hand on the button at all under the right conditions. Position in NL is extremely powerful. Don't read this as play any two cards on the button, but do try to find some spots where marginal hands are playable because of who is in the pot and the stack sizes of relative parties. Keep in mind that you should be exploiting people when you are on the button so if you see some guy who isn't calling your raises ever(this happens a lot) then you just need to put in a raise with nothing to win the pot. In that case you are more worried about other people interfering than most normal considerations.

No problem. Anything to help!