Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Tough spot early in FTP 1k...

I think folding is definetely a viable option.. There's no way that vegan is bluffing here, so we have to define his hand. I think that 45s, 46s, 34s are all very possible, and those are the hands you have beat, but I don't think you beat much else. Is he really raising w/ a 9 here? I don't think so. 22 is certainly possible as well and that's what I'm putting him on here. A4s is another hand that has you beat as well.. I don't know, maybe I'm just a nit but I have as much trouble shoving here as I do folding.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 AM

Below,
I will look at the hand a little later when I have a chance but I just wanted to say, WELCOME!!! I look forward to you contributing in the HS forum.
~Justin
Old 07-10-2007, 03:15 AM

I like a push, I think a push is pretty clear given the stack sizes and the hands your opponents can have in their range that you're ahead of and they will still call the shove with. I also agree that this hand becomes far more difficult with more chips and only then would I consider folding.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:18 AM

Why would Vegan raise here with 99 or 22 with Below still behind left to act?

Lord knows Below c/r the turn enough to make calling really profitable. Why not let draws come along?

Also, I assumed Below had a 3k stack when he posted the hand. He only has 1800 which makes this a much easier push because the range of hands that calls 1800 is a lot wider than the range that calls 3k.

And Vegan is a bit crazy sometimes too.

Arrrr eeennnn.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:26 AM

I think you definitely have to either push or fold here, I don't think overcalling is an option. I don't know a lot about vegan, but is he really overcalling the flop very often with a 4 in his hand there? As you said, the board is very dry and while you have an aggressive reputation I'm not sure you're getting overcalled here a lot on the flop with a dry 4. I certainly think he does it sometimes, but I think the flop action makes it less likely than vegan is holding something like 45, 46, etc. 35s and even 56s are in his range pretty easily though as is Axs and especially A9s. After that, I really think most of the time you're looking at A4 suited, 99, 22, or 42 suited here. This is a great slowplay board as well so keep that in mind. I also think you can't completely discount the random donk factor of someone playing A9o or playing TT really weirdly here too. VVV's range is pretty wide here and i'm really not concerned about him.

I actually think it's pretty close between pushing and folding here. While I understand your reasoning for not doing so, this hand plays a lot easier when you bet the turn.

Gun to head in the heat of the moment i probably push, but thinking about it more I'm really talking myself into thinking this is a fold.

-Rizen
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 AM

Below,

As you, I would push, because you get called by almost every worse 4 possible.

As most other people with a regular image, I just fold.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:55 AM

fwiw folding is fine imo. u see 222 here so much its sick. but also, its super hard to fault anyone for sticking it in here, cuz he can have those combo hands. but i think its v unlikely he overcalls with a hand like 45s or whatever. i think u can get away from the hand on the turn here.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw folding is fine imo. u see 222 here so much its sick. but also, its super hard to fault anyone for sticking it in here, cuz he can have those combo hands. its v unlikely he overcalls with a hand like 45s or whatever. i think u can get away from the hand on the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree...i think the turn raiser has 222 insanely often.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey below, what do they think of your image and more importantly do they think you can donk the flop with absolute air... Can your hand be something like 35ss that you donked, picked up a mega draw and are now going foro the check raise. This also isn't too believable due to the fact that bet/3bet would prob even be better with that hand.

Correcet me if i'm wrong but if you shove, aren't we near the bottom of our range here? are you felting 45? and do your opps know any of these answers?

At first I was thinking shove obv, but i like it less and less the more I think about it, although its probably necessary due to the small stacks.

Long story short, despite all misgivings I still think its a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question, both of my opponents are familiar with me and know I'm nuttso even in a 1k. VVV and I have gone to war many times on FTP as we both like to be table captain 95% of the time we, Vegan and I have not played nearly as much together but are familiar enough.

BeL0W
Old 07-10-2007, 04:47 AM

btw this is scott, as in sitting on the other side of david williams with you at 1k rebuy... I'm comfortable saying push it in