Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Who`s losing?

Online Gambling Market Grows in Burma
11-07-07

Online gambling is truly becoming a global pastime as Burma joins the list of countries revelling in the unprecedented growth of Internet wagering.

Even with authorities’ strong opposition to the industry, and concerted attempts to make it illegal, online gambling has grown to become a multimillion kyat business among Burma’s elite.

The country’s bookmakers have lived with the threat of hefty legal penalties to cater to a growing number of Burmese bettors who want to enjoy football and gambling simultaneously. Online bookmakers have also smoothed over stumbling blocks such as the lack of a credit card system by carrying out cash-only operations.

Mandalay bookmaker Aung Ko told the country’s Irrawaddy newspaper that roughly 20 regular customers place bets with him worth 80 million kyat (US $62,400) on a weekly basis. The minimum accepted by the bookmaker is 100,000 kyat (about $90).

Aung Ko confimed that he is one of a minimum of four Mandalay bookmakers operating their businesses over the Internet.

“My business has made me very rich in a short period,” he said.

source: iGaming news.

All corrupt burmese beauracrats. Don't worry.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 AM

Why can`t they stop? Are they addicted, having fun by losing or does money just doesn`t matter to them?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can`t they stop? Are they addicted, having fun by losing or does money just doesn`t matter to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

supose u got a couple million at the bank. U dont have much too do, or whatever it is that lets u have the time. U got some gamble and sees poker on the tv. U think ur pretty good cos once u won some at a home game so you try to play online. You dont want to play the small stakes because u can miss some and want to score big ofcourse, u deposit like 8k, and play some 1k NL run it up to 25k and lose it all.

Now u think, djeez i ran it up to 25k, I must be good, i was just unlucky i lost it all! And deposit again. And again. And again..

Dont underestimate the power of addiction and ego.

If had had millions id go to vegas with 100k and play with aba and phil ivey. I try to outplay them and if i lose it.. hell iv had a [censored] load of fun! Its done by quite alot of rich pple on smaller and biggers scale (and sometimes theyr not even that rich). Think of andy beal for example.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:55 PM

tourney winners
Old 07-12-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tourney winners

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Loook at the HIGHER STAKES, say 200/400 or 100/200 online or live, most of the players there ARE OBVIOUSLY making money in the long run. But OF COURSE not all of them are making money at this high stakes.

I guess they are making the most money on lower stakes and take shots on higher stakes where they lose it.