Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Pumping strong draws on the flop

What do you think of MP2's action in hand #2? Should we be worried about a flush-over-flush in a multiway pot? Looks like he's also interested in building a big pot ...
Old 07-09-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise hand 1 preflop otherwise 100% standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
No thank you to this.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of MP2's action in hand #2? Should we be worried about a flush-over-flush in a multiway pot? Looks like he's also interested in building a big pot ...

[/ QUOTE ]

He should have had enough equity to raise the first time around with AsXs

Smells like 2pair/set to me. Or just a spite 3bet.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Hand 1: At this limit, the SB will hang in there on the flop and creating a small equity if raised.

Hand 2: looks good.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Hand 2 is much stronger than hand 1.

Hand 1 is a weak ace with the nut flush draw. It's strong, but I wouldn't cap with it. Thankfully the other cards are lower so the remaining sixes are likely outs too, but I don't consider this a cap-worthy hand.

Hand number 2 on the other hand is a monster. 15 outs is a whole lot of outs. 2 of those are to the meganuts straight flush. I'll invest more money into this gamble for sure.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:42 PM

*grunch*

At hand #1 better is call becouse after raise at worst we can even lose some $ if only one player call our flush draw raise (we are 2:1 undertog to river) - not so probably but its one option.
When we just call then we have better chance that 2 other players will pill until turn or even longer and we still do raise with more player at turn to trap more opponents.

If we just call and only one pleyer behind us call than we get at flop pot 3:1, when 2 call then 4:1. When one of those player will raise will be perfect to us.

1a) If we raise and no one behind us call then we have the best only 2:1.

2a) If we reise and we get one cold caller behind us then we get 6:2=3:1 (when no 3bet in front)

3a) If we reise and we get one cold caller behind us then we get 9:3=3:1 (when it is 3bet in front and all call)

Hand #2 I think better is make 3bet after button raise cus u have monster draw with about 14 outs (not nut FD) so u are 0.95:1 underdog so every one bet from anybody make u marginal +EV.

Scenarios
1b) If u just call then u get after button raise only 4 SB (we dont assume that any caller now raise like MP2)

2b) If u 3 bet then we meke at least 1SB at buttom raiser + at least 2SB if one from 4 limer will call our 3bet. So we will get at least 3SB.

If somethink is wrong here let me know.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 is a weak ace with the nut flush draw. It's strong, but I wouldn't cap with it. Thankfully the other cards are lower so the remaining sixes are likely outs too, but I don't consider this a cap-worthy hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Zeldark ... why do you think we are raising it then in the first place? Just cause we have TPNK? So, you'd raise it but not cap? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 03:15 PM

I'm just saying hand number 1 isn't a "ZOMG FLOOR IT!!" hand. We cut down the field now so I'd likely slow down on the turn unless we got our spade or 6. Assume we miss the 6 and the spade on the turn. Now we have 2 opponents betting like they have us at least outkicked, with a draw that's coming in 19.6% which is a ways under the 33% for that equity "stuff". If we think our sixes as outs would be good we'll be at 26% which still shouldn't put us with enough equity to keep playing aggressively.

Hand 2 on the other hand is still coming in a whopping 32.6% of the time if we miss the turn. Our straight draw is to the nuts and the flush draw is really strong. With this hand only one guy folded so we have more opponents and better chances for a whole lot more equity.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:26 PM

Well, sure, on the turn we play differently UI. But on the flop it's "ZOMG FLOOR IT".
Old 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM

yes they're both easy value caps