Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: LHE vs NLHE popularity

New players are playing NL right now. I doubt that the games will ever be as juicy as they are now, while the mid limit LHE games are populated with the same faces. While they are still profitable, I find even the baby NL games almost as profitable, with little risk, while 5 times more fun. How long it lasts is anyones guess.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:04 PM

I have never played at the Wynn, but I've never found Bellagio lacking in limit games. Plenty of 8/16 or $15/30 games. I'm usually there afternoon/night, and usually closer to weekends than midweek. Also been at the Mirage while both 10/20 and 20/40 games were going. Between the 2 (across the street from each other), I've never been at a loss for a good game.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 PM

The Mirage 10-20 seemed very tight and local heavy. I don't see why anyone would play it unless they wanted to practice steal raising.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:28 PM

Went to Bally's in Atlantic City... I know, not the highest stakes around. They had 2 limit tables to approximately 20 no limit tables. There was only one limit table when I first got there... after joining the waiting list with many others, they finally opened a second. Had to collapse back to 1 table around 3am Sunday morning.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 PM

In So. Calif., the two big rooms--Commerce and The Bike--are loaded with no-limit games, especially small, max buy-in games, but they still spread plenty of limit action as well. Never a problem finding limit games.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Mirage 10-20 seemed very tight and local heavy. I don't see why anyone would play it unless they wanted to practice steal raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.... its the easiest mid-limit game in Vegas, unfortunately its also the game with the smallest pots [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 PM

I just got back from my first Vegas trip, and I was surprised how few mid limit LHE games there were. In fact, I didn't end up playing any at all, unless you include 6/12 at Ceasar's Palace. Meanwhile, almost every room seemed to have at least 1/2 and 2/5 NL. Fortunately, I got to play a couple mixed games including the 2+2 party (thanks guys) and a little 20/40 stud at Bellagio where I got hit in the face with the deck pretty hard.

The funny thing about the whole NL vs. FL thing is that people say things like "limit is so boring" or "No Limit requires more skill" blah blah blah. I happen to love both games, but I can see how one form might appeal to certain people more than another. Limit games play much faster while no limit games have more drama and probably make for better TV. Whatever.

AC certainly seems to have more limit than either Vegas or NYC, where I had been playing most of my live poker. I think mixed games could become increasingly popular in the coming years. I hope so, anyway.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.... its the easiest mid-limit game in Vegas, unfortunately its also the game with the smallest pots [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"easiest game" and "smallest pots" dont go together.

I can atest to the toughness of the 10/20. Buncha old local nits. Ocassionaly you'll get a wild drunken game going but thats not very often.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"easiest game" and "smallest pots" dont go together.

I can atest to the toughness of the 10/20. Buncha old local nits. Ocassionaly you'll get a wild drunken game going but thats not very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if you say so.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 Years ago when I would play, the rooms would be 95% limit, if not 100% (though this was in minnesota [canterbury]). What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

What gives is that No limit is not allowed in Minnesota, hence 100% limit games. It's still the same way there. 30/60 is the highest limit game allowed by law as well the last time I knew.