Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Tropicana Next weekend (7/13-7/16)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, so the one thing that is certain is that I won't be playing the pink chip game this weekend. Good to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something here? Why don't you want to go this weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like playing in goofy, silly, fun 2p2 games like HOSE and drunken 2/4 games. I don't want to sit in a tough pink chip game and have to beat good players all weekend long. I meant no offense to any of the other posters.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:30 AM

OK, I understand that - we were talking about being in the pink game last weekend though, not this coming one.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was there late Saturday night, quiet guy in the three seat. Dropped a rack by having people get there on the river constantly. At least they were nice enough to either check to me so I could check or they just checked behind when they hit their hands.

The nitty Greek guy in the 5 seat was pretty entertaining though, saying he used to call Phil Ivey "Goofy" when they played seven card stud year ago in the other room. Then his wife saw "Goofy" on TV winning millions of dollars and what's he doing? "I'm playing the pink game hold'em bull--it"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. That guy wouldn't shut up about how great the 10-20-30 stud game used to be and how his full house got cracked by quads. I was in the 4 seat for a bit and he gnawed my ear off while i was there. I flopped a straight vs his flopped two pair and he didn't like that one bit.